Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good digital camera and cheap (err, economical)..hehe
I have never owned a digital camera and no very little about the many products out there. I really do not even know a range of prices to shoot for. [unimpressed]

Is this even the right place to post this??

Anyways, i was just lookin for any input some of you more experienced photo-takers may have regarding equipment. I need something inexpensive and it doesn't take a master's degree in computer science to transfer your pic's over to the PC.

I want to start taking pic's on my many fishing excursions for personal reasons and to be able to add some life to some of my fishing reports [cool]

cyas
rc
Your local Target and Walmart will have inexpensive Kodak Easy-Share cameras (less than $150). It's pretty much plug-and-play to put your pics on the computer. Get 2 "megapixels" or more, and one with rechargable batteries. Good luck - it is a lot of fun!
Paul
[signature]
Snookhooker is right on when he says to get rechargeable batterys. My camera from walmart eats them up quick. [unsure] I'll be buying a rechargeable set soon.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Snook is right about those Kodak easy share systems. I have one and it was decently priced. Works perfectly fine for what I need it for. All you to transfer your pics to the PC is hook it up via the USB plug in and then load the CD that comes with it. Then your all set![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I started out with 3 mega pixels and that took good pictures. I didn't have a storage card with that camera so I was limited to the amount of pictures I could store on the internal memory. I now have the Kodak easy share in 6 mega pixels with a storage card and recharable battery pack [ it comes with the charger] With this one I can make photos very large with out the granie look of a camera with only 3 megs also I can take around 80 pictures so for long trips on vacation it is great. You can also get it with a docker for the computer hookup. My docker has a built in copyer and prints 4"X6" prints. I suggest you get one a little more expensive because I know you are going to want to upgrade once you start using it. You will realy like the instant gradification. Chief
[signature]
I have a samsung camera, the quality of the camera its self is awesome, it is much higher quality then my moms HP and my sisters vivatars and they all cost with in $50 of each other.

If you have windows XP then transferring pictures is easy work no matter the make of the camera.

The walmart special kadak looks like a good deal, i would have to look close at it before i could give my oppinion though.

Just a thought for you though, have you thought of getting a digital camcorder? it will take pictures in high rez just like a regular digital camera, but then you have higher zooms, more storage space, and easier to use video recording features.
[signature]
well, i took everyone's advice and got a Kodak easy share. I went with the 6 meg pixels and 32 meg onboard memory. It's upgradeable in many ways and i know little bout it at this point. I have taken several pics, have yet to connect it to the PC, but the quality is amazing! oh yeah, i went with the re-chargeable batteries, as well.

thanks for all the great input!! pics coming soon! lol..argh where did i put that manual? [shocked]

cyas
rc
this camera will do a 4 min video with sound....it's neat..now i just need to figure out how to use it! [blush] Not sure how much video i can shoot with an upgraded memory card.

cyas
rc
Man-o-man...thanks so much for the "re-chargeable" batteries advice folks!!

I have already been though 2 sets of batteries, hadn't charged my rechargeables yet. This thing eats batteries like a walleye does white bass.

cyas
rc