Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Fishing
[center][Image: winner.gif]

[#ff0000][#ff0000]This Weeks Winners wins[/#ff0000] [#000000]"[/#000000][url "http://www.fishingcomics.com/"][#0000ff]The Complete Fishing Comic and Joke Book[/#0000ff][/url][#000000]”[/#000000]

[#ff0000]Week Ending 2-1-03:[/#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[/center]

My husband and I love to fish on the Columbia River. The only problem is is gets very windy. We gauge how windy it may be by the weather at our house. We woke up Saturday and yahoo, no breeze. We headed up the Gorge to Rooster Rock State Park. Naturally the wind was blowing about 20mph with hefty whitecaps, which blew our theory. Oh well, Extreme fishing here we came! The Gorge is beautiful at all times. You never know what you'll get until you get up there. It took us awhile to get upriver to our spot. There was one other crazy boater there ahead of us. We anchored and my husband tossed out our smelt baits with 24 oz. lead in 100 feet of swift water, using toughline. Holy cow, within 3 minutes my rod went down and I reeled (and reeled) in a 46inch sturgeon. A nice fat keeper. I was winded but what a thrill. No sooner did we get my fish unhooked and my bait back out (of course "we" means my hubbie!) when his rod went down. Wow, a 49incher. I suppose I should mention that the waves were 2-3 feet and wind blowing gusts at least 30 mph. Our anchor would not hold so "we" pulled it, re-anchored and sort of backbounced (we had no choice) through our hole again. We did this about five times. I would have sworn we were fishing at Buoy 10 at the bar at mouth of Columbia. I was having so much fun laughing and trying to keep my balance. We finally got smart a few hours later, after the wind had the nerve to blow harder, and headed home. Going downriver was not nearly so bad and we kept pretty dry. Even though we hoped for bigger fish (who doesn't?) we had great time. Not to mention the most fabulous fish & chips (who need halibut). I get a trhill just thinking about us being out there in that rough water and I can't wait to go again. Now I and tell my co-workers that we don't just fish, we go Extreme Fishing! Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work was a very wise person.
[signature]
guylikestofish,
Sure liked to read this report. Not only was it entertaining, it also was full of great info for any one that likes to fish the Columbia. Thank you so much for this great post.
I see that you are registered and it was apperant that the wife is the auther for this great report.
So with that note, I would like to tell both of you:WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS!
I will be watching close for your future report posts and/or replies to the forums.
I hope you enjoy your time here at BFT and come back often!
Again I say: WELCOME ABOARD!!
[signature]
thanks we'll be around i fish alot got 2 more today

jim
[signature]
Jim,
Glad to here you get on the water allot. Did tou get any pic's?
If you did and want to post them to the board. I will be glad to give you a hand. If you need it, just send me a private message.
[signature]
here's the ones we got the day of extreme fishing

jim[Image: 1.jpg]
[signature]
Jim.
I have never had the opertunity to land one of them. Looks like it is from the dinasor erra! Nice pic to!
When you gona get out there again and catch some more prehistoric fish? Just kidding Jim. But I am awaiting your report of your next trip.
[signature]