Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most popular?
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]What is the most popular fresh water species that you all fish for in SC? In SOCAL I'm inclined to think that it would be the trout.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15760;]
[signature]
Mmmm, i'd say the most popular are bream, or any kind of flatfish for that matter; too include crappie.

I'm sorta an oddball, if i'm fishing freshwater, I like to target the Gar or the Bowfin. LOL, most anglers in SC would think i'm nuts, but i'm in it for the ride, not the destination. I live for the sport. Both of those species give an admirable battle, and that's all i'm looking for. Very seldom to I ever keep freshwater fish for eatting anyways, I almost always release them back.

My favorite in Freshwater is going after those big catfish. A 40 or 50 pound flathead will put a grin on the saltiest of people's face. Not many fish pull as hard as a big cat.

As for trout, most of those guys are in the upper part of the state. For instance, where I live in SC, there are no trout. It's a shame though, I hear great things about them; i've yet to catch one. I've caught speckled trout in the ocean, but never a freshwater trout. Maybe that'll be a goal for this year, to catch a trout before he years end. [cool]
[signature]