Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winni Perch Trip
[center][Image: winner.gif]

[#ff0000][#ff0000]This Weeks Winners wins[/#ff0000] [#000000]"[/#000000][url "http://www.fishingcomics.com/"][#0000ff]The Complete Fishing Comic and Joke Book[/#0000ff][/url][#000000]”[/#000000]

[#ff0000]Week Ending 2-1-03:[/#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[/center]

[cool]My daugter Brooke and I took the 2 hr trip north to fish lake Winnimigosh for perch Sunday morning!. We went out of NoDak resort, and drove out 5 miles to a hump out in the middle! The ice was a good 30 inches with only 1 breaker to cross, which was marked by the resort! At 7 :15 AM , We were fishing in 29 ft of water and the action started right away! It wasn't fast, but enough to keep Brooke satisfied. Brooke was using a teardrop under a bobber with a full rossie red minnow, and I was jigging with a angel eye with a head of a minnow! By mid morning, we put down the underwater camera and watched the fish which kept both of us occupied ! By watching them, you could tell what they liked, and what they didn't. We saw a few pike, but didn't have on what they wanted!. We left the lake about 11:45 with our limit of 10 - 11 inchers, and got home in time to have them clean and cooked before the big game !. What a great day!!! , fishing on a world class Perch lake with Brooke, and then watching the big game of the season and have your team win, It don't get any better than that ! (remember, keep your rods bent ) Flagmanonice[Wink]
[signature]
Flag, Just on what Ive heard you talk about in past trips. I think you've got me beat on the ice fishing tourney. I have not been able to hook up on any good sized fish as of yet. I hope to have my pics back Thurs so I can scan them in.

I went to walker on Sat, the wind was tough to deal with on leech so we went on Steamboat and caught nice sized perch and northerns. Perch went from 10-13".
[signature]
Hey hattrk4me, went to the hockey game here last week and your lakers beat our wolverines 4-3. good game )back to fishing----- I have 3 fish so far, a 41 inch pike, 30 inch eye, and a 11 inch perch! That is if my film turns out, had one without a flash Sad .One of these days we should get hooked up and do some fishing !. Was going to fish the Park Rapids tourney this saturday, but I ended up working, money is money!!!!!! Later next month, me and minneman take our annual trip up to LOTW for the big pike, cant wait, and between then, Red lake for some hog crappies! Then all I have to do is get a sunfish ! Later, Flagmanonice
[signature]
You have me beat, all I have so far is a 19" eye, 12.5 pearch, Blue gill and crappie about 9" each and a 24" northern.

I can't get out when I want to, the ice here is around 30" now and all I have is a hand auger. I'm not going to hand auger 30" of ice, so I have to plan trips with friends who have power augers.

I would like to hook up and fish, my next available weekend is Feb 8, 9. We should exchange phone numbers and see what we can work out.
[signature]
Thats sounds like a good plan hattrk. It all depends on the job I'm working on, but it looks like I should get 1 day off anyway! I'll know more toward the middle of the week where I stand (sorry ) I bet minneman will tag along, anyone else up to it ? After thi job I'll have more time and will hit the ice hard then, but the inland waters might be closed by then[mad] Till the middle of the week, flagmanonice

P.S Do you have Feb 28 - March 2 off ? Pike trip
[signature]
I Can't make a trip the weekend of 2/28. I Can't pawn the kids off for that many days. Where are you going? I maybe could do 2/21? and 3/7 its Vegas baby, YEA.
[signature]
[Tongue]Hattrk, were heading up to LOTW for the big pike, we might be putting together a trip sometime in march, maybe then !. Still might have a day this weekend, hopefully it will be warmer ! I'll let you know.

Keep your rods bent ! Flagmanonice
[signature]
Flag, I got invited to fish around the Battle Lake area this weekend. I'll fish Sat to Sun AM. We may have to plan something some other weekend.
[signature]
looks like you guys got a good thing going , i can't wait to hook up with someone close by for a fishing buddy . untill then i still have the kids too !
[signature]
middle of the mit , michigan board moderator ( just started as one a short time ago ) , how you guy's doing ? i've been reading your posts off and on , you have a good thing going there . i have a lot of fishing buddies here on the boards , so i really not woried about finding a fishing pal , one will show up sooner or later . hows the ice over there ? we had three people go thru on the local lakes , strange though , i'm only 20 miles north of them and the ice is around 20" thick . ice fishing is a shure cure for cabin fever , but i can't wait for the spring run of steel .
[signature]
North Central MN 33" of ice and growing. Its been so dang cold that we are making ice everyday. We may need to add an Extension on to this Auger.
[signature]
man , anymore ice and your going to have to put in an elevator to get the fish up and out ! hard to belive though , as thick as the ice is here some people are still going thru . i guess the bottom ice is loaded with air bubbles or something . you do any river fishing in the spring ?
[signature]
Not usually. I have many years ago and played around with the Northerns. Come Spring my work scedule is 12-14 hrs days. I have to baby sit contractors [Tongue] for the summer. Winter is my time to fish. [Sad]
[signature]
fish and , let me take a stab in the dark on this , HOCKEY ?
[signature]
GO WILD !!!!!!!!!!![pirate]
[signature]
Ya, I'm a big hockey player. How did you guess? Was my name a big hint?[sly]
[signature]