Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish handling - for tournament anglers ...
[black][size 3]Although most participants in any given activity are not solely competing in tournaments, the professional arena can be a place for concentrated trial and error by some of the best in that sport.

As one angler, I could expect that this concept would hold true with sport of fishing as well. Not just with the advancements of equipment and techniques involved, but also some of the other things that we all experience as anglers. Things that affect us all.

Have you ever been out fishing on a beautiful day and either walked, or boated across a scene that was nearly heart breaking ? I have - on more occasions than I would like to remember. I am referring to trophy sized fish I have encountered that were floating on the water or washed up on the bank or shore - dead.

Maybe it's because I tend to observe my surroundings in more detail than most anglers find conducive to the fishing experience, or perhaps, it's because I am often accompanied by two scent hounds that always find objects of interest to their noses - like dead things.

As I perused the wide spectrum of fishing news this morning, I came across this article that reassured me that I am not alone in my concern and disappointment. If you have the time and interest, please read it.
[/size][/black]
[url "http://www.fishandgame.com/2004articles/120605mortality.htm"][black][size 4]Click here for article:[/size][/black][/url][black][size 4]

[/size][/black]
[signature]