Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry iceoff
i went up to strawberry yesterday and the ice conditions were perfect. in jake's bay there was about 20 ft of open water but over night it refroze over with a very thin layer of ice. so i went over to the ladders and caught a couple of nice cutthroats and then i went to the soldier creek side and found a ton of open water. i fished and caught one in aspen bay. and in the afternoon i went back to Jake's bay and caught one. i cuaght 4 in total. the water is really cold and the fish are not tooactive. by this weekend with some warm weather the fish should be pretty active. i caught three on tube jigs and one really nice one on a red sided shiner. it was a 21 and 1/2 inch cut that was fat and pretty.
Good day but i have seen better. i also ran into a couple of guys from cabelas that werent having any luck either.
[signature]
Was this your first trip out since returning home? Welcome Back!
[signature]
that's what i been needing too hear.
looks like the berry on sunday.
[signature]
You mentioned a ton of open water on the soldier creek side, is it suitable yet for launching a boat and running toward the bay?
[signature]
Jr8fish,
Welcome home!!!!! Two years is a long time to wait to fish! Glad you were able to get into a few and become reaquainted with those nice Berry cutts. Its nice to have another Strawberry fanatic back on the board! Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Thank you for the report and welcome back. How was your mission? I am thinking of doing a float up there on Friday AM. There will be room for 1 more if any Utah county tubers want to car pool.
[signature]
yea thanks for the info ,but do you think we can launch boats out at the boat ramps in soldier creek side
[signature]
I was at the Aspen Marina this afternoon (Thursday) and it's all clear, no ice, no snow. Good to go.

lurechucker
[signature]