Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red hooks
i just bought some red hooks to put on some new jigs ive been working on. was wondering what you guys thouught about the red hooks and if it helps catch fish[Wink]
[signature]
I use them on my rigs. Their not a miracle item, but I think they can help. especially in shallow water.
[signature]
well i do not have a lot of experience with makin my own jigs, but at the place (BassPro) where i bought my stuff, they had a good deal on 1/0 jig hooks and that fit one of the 3 molds that i bought. I have caught a lot of fish on the jigs i have poured with the red hooks. I bought them because they were gama's tho.

Just recently purchased some Mustad 1/0's, will report anything i find.

cyas
rc
[cool][#0000ff]I have been (happily) using the Matzuo red jig hooks for over a year. I have had measured better results on some trips, not significant on others.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I do like the "sickle" hooks though. They are fine wire and very sharp. I seem to get good percentage hookups and the fish usually stay hooked.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the two attached pics I have also include a shot of some of the "bobber heads" I use to fish bait below a bobber. I love the positive hooking action. Almost never lose a fish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I use the Red hooks on a lot of my lures, but I have to agree that they are not the miracle piece we all need . But I think they aree are a big help.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
i have used a lot of those red gama hooks for the jigs i have been making. i bought them primarily because they were the only ones that were available for the size that i wanted on my jigs, available here locally.

I personally can not say they are better or worse, since i just recently started making jigs and almost all that i have made have red hooks because of the reason mentioned above.

i have caught a lot of fish with them and many species as well.

cyas
rc
I've been using both the red hooks and the blued hooks over the last year and noticed no difference in fish catching whatsoever.

However, I won't discount the fact that if someone truly believes that red hooks make a difference and they're using them, their confidence in the baits they're using will be stronger and consequently with better PMA, they're more likely to have successful outings.
[signature]
NEVER USED RED BEFORE. THEY LOOK GOOD. I PREFER GLOW HOOKS ON MOST OF MY HANESSES. HAVENT TRIED THE WITH JIGS.
[signature]
dose the color in my opinion help to catch fish? couldnt tell ya, I havent a clue.
[ul] [li]I use them,[/li] [li]I like them,[/li] [li]I catch fish with them, but I catch fish on every hook I use.[/li] [li]What I can tell you is... the coating on the hook dose help to prolong the life of my hook, It dosnt rust as fast.[/li][/ul]
[signature]