Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACON?
Me and my papa were testing new baits. so bacon came to our mind. so we cut some strips of fat and we went to the river and we used it and caught proboly 5 10 crappie 5 10 bream 1, 3 4 lb mudfish. and the fat off the bacon stay on like it was glued on. i bet u could catch catfish and all kinds of stuff on it.
[signature]
Sounds like you did pretty good. I've never heard of Crappie hitting bacon fat, bream yes, crappie no. I'd say you did pretty good with the bacon.

I can't say that i've ever intentionally taken bacon with me to fish with. It never really crosses my mind to be honest. I like wax worms about as good as anything. Crickets are OK, but once the head or tail gets bitten off, they are of no use anymore. It seems like I spend more time baiting the hook with crickets than fishing.

I'm sure bacon fat would work pretty good for Channel Cats. They'll eat hotdogs, so i'm sure bacon fat will work too; maybe even better because it's so salty. Pork is pork. LOL Give it a try and let us know how it works.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there sailfish4me - Bacon rind was very popular back in the 40s & 50s. No problem in catching sunnies and pickerel on that stuff. Guess what goes around comes around.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]