Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you really as GOOD as you THINK you are? Here's a way you can find out
[url "http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/saltwater/saltwaterquiz"][#003366][size 4]Test Your Fishing IQ[/size][/#003366][/url]
[size 2]Think you have what it takes to be a pro? Take our quiz to see how your skills rank[/size]
[signature]
i got a 70 out of 100,should have had more wrong but had lucky guesses.i asked questions on fish i am not fimilar fishing for
[signature]
Well Tomc, I tell you what, LOL, i'm ashamed of my score. I got WAY less than 70. That quiz ain't no joke.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]40 out of a 100, and I didn't have a single clue as to what was being asked.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I am not a pro, but that one was easy.

[font "Arial"]Your final score:[size 2] 100 of 100[cool][/size][/font]
[signature]
That's pretty darn good if you got 100% on that quiz. I'm impressed. I kept looking for an option "E," but there wasn't one. LOL Almost every situation I would have done something a little different than the options availible, so I tried to pick the one close enough, and mostly got them wrong. [Tongue]

I imagine there are plenty of people that don't get through but 3 or 4 questions and give up. That's a pretty tough quiz, even for those that run into the particular circumstances from time to time.
[signature]
Most of the questions required a common sense answer. You are right though. Some of them didn't make sense so it was necessary to analyze which answer was "Less Wrong" as opposed to what really works in "Real Life" situations.[cool]
[signature]
Hi Tarpon4me,

I got 100% .... of 50% of the questions right. The other half I got wrong. Then I got 50% of the answers right to the 50% of the questions I got right! And as follows I got 50% of the answers wrong! Dang!

That about right !

JapanRon
[signature]
That's sounds about how I did. It looks like Tubn2 is going to be the only one that does half way decent. That quiz isn't no joke is it?
[signature]
It is comprised of what is supposed to work and what actually works. 5% of it is what actually works.

They always embed some of the local secrets for actual conditions mixed in with proposed methods for prime conditions.

On the West coast, we have particular trade secrets for catching certain species. There are generalized methods that are supposed to be used but when you see that tide change line coming through, you will then resort to something that you have learned in the past and surprise the rest of the passengers on the boat. Those are the passengers that "Know it all" and tell you "What the heck do you think you are going to catch with that?" "You are supposed to use a .........Who taught you how to fish?"

Then you pull up the JP fish for the day because you were paying attention to what is going on and not to the predicted forcast.[cool]
[signature]
Very much understood. I know there were a few times in particular when I was in Guam that some of the local chimorro's looked at me like I was fool when they saw what I was using. Though I didn't reveal all my secrets, they did see the fish box over-flowing with Wahoo and Dorado.[cool] Those guys slow troll "fuzz busters" on top. I was dragging my favorite little deep diver in the color I prefered at over 10 knotts. LOL, I'd go flying by some cat trolling a similar line I was, catching fish and they weren't. They'ed speed up there trolling speed, only to find the lures they were trolling wouldn't run true at the speeds I was going. Poor guys. [Tongue]
[signature]
Go figure![Wink] Isn't that the way it always turns out???[cool]
[signature]
[left]Ouch, I think I would have got a "D" (60), I guess I need to brush up. Kewl Survey.[/left]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
70 out of 100. Great quiz for saltwater fishing.
[signature]