Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everybodies Got One!! What's yours?
I know for a fact that everyone that has ever wet a hook has some sort of "good luck" charm that they have on them when they go fishing.

I know for me, it's one of my 2 favorite hats. One hat is my old Gamakatsu hat I bought from WalMart years ago, that hat has caught fish with me all over the world. The other hat is a Navy Submariners hat given to me by my old Guam fishing budy, a retired Senior Chief.

If you pay close attention to all my posted pictures, you'll find that if i've got my hat on, it is one of those two hats. And if I don't have it on, rest assure it's close by. [cool]

I don't, however, believe in the "you can't wash your lucky items" thing. That's just not sanitary. LOL Actually, I think in order to keep good luck with an item, it needs to be kept clean and servicable. [Wink]
[signature]
For me, it is definitely my BFT shirt! I have a BFT T-shirt that I try to wear every time I go fishing, one so that any BFTers out there will recognize me as a member from the board, and also as a good luck charm! Now I also have a long-sleeved black BFT shirt, so I'm adding that to the list!! I'm actually wearing BOTH shirts right now cause I'm going fishing at lunch today to Utah Lake to try and get some white bass. If it gets too hot which it probably will, I'll take off the long sleeved and just have the T.

[cool]
[signature]
I'd also wear my BFT shirt on a more regular occasion, however, the color black and 100 degree weather just doesn't work for me. LOL What I really want is a white or Cacky colored BFT hat, but that will have to wait I suppose. I'll have another little one in the next few days, and I may need the extra money. [cool]

The only thing about getting a new hat is the special care needed in breaking it in properly. I'd still have to wear my good luck hat, and just take it along for the time being; switching hats for pictures and what not. Then, after a while riding on the boat, and being subject to the elements, I may wear it during the actual process of catching the fish, but not too often; don't want to rush into the relationship. After landing a few fish in the hat, it's then ready to be worn for a while, but before it can be worn the entire trip, it must be dunked and worn in both fresh and saltwater, have been worn while catching a fish in both fresh and saltwater, and have been worn during a swim when I forgot and left my wallet in my pocket in both fresh and saltwater. Once all those things are completed, the hat is ready. [Tongue]
[signature]
It's all about the hats for good luck. I have about 15 hats, some of which are broken in and some of which are not. I usually where my SpiderWire hat when I am fishing but it didnt help me catch anything this last fishing trip so I will be looking for another. I possibly may have worn it too soon.

Its hard fishing with all new equipement since I cant rely on the lucky lure or hook setup. but it will come.
[signature]
For me, Its my big dorkey cheap Rapella polarized sunglasses. I also got my luckey spoons. I don't go anywhere without a "5 of Diamonds" pattern, and a "Red Devil" spoon. If I loose them, I'll actualy stop fishing, head into the nearest bait shop and buy new ones. They've always caught for me when every other fancy $10 lure has failed since I first started out.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Ah come on now guys that something else that I have to remember to pack. Thought all I needed was a rod, line and lure. Oh I know I will make sure that I have my fishing license with me. Otherwise I am sure to run out of luck.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
For me it's a BFT T-shirt/ white that is worn ever trip. I may have long johns on, but be sure theres a BFT T under them.[crazy]
[signature]