Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get to Burch Creek Reservoir
How do you get to Burch Creek Reservoir from Ogden? I am having problems finding it on the map.

katghoti
[signature]
Go up Ogden Canyon to the Monte cristo turn.fallow that road over monte and birch creek is on the other side. on the north side of the road will be the turn. watch for the sign.
[signature]
Have you fished it? If so how did it go? I am going float tubbing for the first time for tiger trout and need some suggestions on flies.

katghoti
[signature]
Is the road over Monte open yet??
[signature]
the road should be open but I am not sure.

As far as flies they will take the basic bugger patterns,Damsels and minnow imitations.
[signature]
The road to Monte is not open. I should open up over Memorial Day weeknd
[signature]
You can also get there from Evanston. It doesn't add much time to the trip. Monte will usually be open this weekend, but you'll want to check with the highway patrol for sure.
[signature]
[reply]
Is the road over Monte open yet??[/reply]

I was up there a couple of days ago and the road had not opened yet. It was snow-free on the way to the gate, and the dirt road to Hardware Ranch is open and bone-dry.

One of the campsite hosts down lower said she anticipated the road would open for Memorial Day...for whatever that's worth.

Best to call the authorities.

By the way--anyone who hasn't driven that road, oughta. What a great little stretch!

lurechucker
[signature]
Those guys sure are fun to hook up at Hunington. I've had the best luck on scud patterns here the shore and inlets. you may want to those at Burch Creek
[signature]
Speaking of Burch Creek. I have not been there in a few years. Are there any decent places to camp near by?
[signature]