Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ: Hit & Run !!! We need your HELP!!!
Sorry,
This isn't exactly what I wanted my 1st post to be, but it is extremely important. What better place to get the word out than here....
Thank you in advance for any help you may have to offer...

Date; May 29th, 2006 Memorial Day Time: 2:30pm - 3:00pm Location: Waters Edge, Bayville NJ Boat Last Seen: Heading north toward Seaside Bridge / Toms River Size: 38ft - 40ft Make: Silverton (or similar type boat) Type of Boat: Sportfish Convertible Fly Bridge Name on Transom: Fishin Mission Fishin Mission was last seen driving through the mooring buoys located at the Waters Edge restaurant. The boat cut several mooring buoy lines on other boats moored there and caused tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to several boats. Fishin Mission never stopped and ignored the multitude of people yelling from the dock. If you have know of this boat, the boat's owner or where it is kept, please email [url "http://us.f307.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=njppc@aol.com"][#003399]njppc@aol.com[/#003399][/url] or contact the NJ State Police Pt. Pleasant station @ 732-899-5050. ANY AND ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. Thank you for your help!
[signature]
Here are photos of the damage to one of the boats: Hit & Run Photos Link
[signature]
Hello Sharkey Marine,
Sorry to hear of your troubles and welcome to bft.

We have a newsletter going out this week and will include something about this incident. Hopefully it will help.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thank you Mike!

I will keep the post updated as I get more information.
I can't imagine this guy getting too far.

Fortunately for me, this is not my boat, but it is a fellow NJPPC member's boat and I feel real bad for this to happen to him...

I'm just trying to help him out any way that I can.....

I will also pass the word onto him about the newsletter.

Thanks again!
[signature]
On behalf of myself and the owner of the vessel that was hit, we would like to thank all who helped in their own way with the identifying, locating and reporting the suspected vessel.
I photographed the vessel today, delivered them to the NJSP.
Within in 8 hours I got a call from the owner of the hit vessel that the NJSP have made contact with the suspected vessel owner and he confessed that he hit the boat.
Thank you again to all of you every where, for pulling together all of your resources which lead to this outcome!
I will leave the location out of this, in order to protect the innocent Marina in which it is docked.
The NJSP will handle the rest from here...

Photo link below:

[url "http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine//powerboat/hit_and_run.html"]http://pages.zdnet.com/...oat/hit_and_run.html[/url]
[signature]
Thats good to hear, I am glad you found the culprit.
[signature]