Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield minnow report
and you thought casting into the wind was tough, try throwing a 10' cast net into it. what a drag! hit scofield yesturday to load up on redsides, or at least to check it out. as stated before, there are tons of inchlings cruising the shoreline. tossed the net around the docks for a little bit and found a few useables, but not many. the wind was blowing off the lake straight towards the dam, but that's the only place i tried that actually produced some good sized minnows. just walking the rocks, back and forth, tossing the net every 20' or so. with the wind right in my chops, it made net casting tough. i'm sure i would have doubled my catch with no wind. most casts i could only get the net to open half way or so. let's just say i'm sore as he@# today, but it was worth it. ended up with about 35 dozen chunkey redsides for the day. slow, i know, but some good size to 'em. laters.
[signature]
Me and the family were out there late afternoon and that wind was really bad! We were by the dam too and i wasnt even going to try to cast a net into that wind. I saw 2 guys casting nets into the wind from the dam was that you?
[signature]
It may have been hard work but you sure got a great catch of bait there. I have always preferred fishing with those red-sided shiners over the chubs (no disprect MGB), and it has been next to impossible to net any at Strawberry the last couple years.
[signature]
if the guys you saw looked like this, then yes, that was me and bigdaddybow. anglinangel took this shot from up top, by the car. i new i should have worn a bigfish t-shirt! would have loved to chat with ya for a bit. did you and the family have any luck?
[signature]
Nice work Dave . I looked for some minnows around the docks at the Berry but didn't see any saturday , but it was around 5:00pm . Too dark at launch to even worry about it .
[signature]
I remember seeing you guys there. I was telling my wife that those guys are working too hard to net some minnows.[Tongue] Glad you got some.I brought my net but was to lazy to use it.We just fished but didnt even get a bite.I hate windy days like saturday.It was windy everywhere we went.We hid in that cove to the right were you guys were.Did the angel get any fish or were you guys just minnow hunting?
[signature]
just making our anual bait run. sorry to hear you got skunked, but while we were down the road at that gas station with all the humming birds, the old timer told us that he photographed some kid with a 6.9 pounder earlier that day. sounds like i just might have to get up there with the blue beast someday. laters
[signature]