Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 06/13/06
A friend, his dog, my wife, and I arrived and were on the water by 0645. We started on the north side of cemetary point. The first catch of the day went to me catching a 75lbs dog in the lip with a 9" broken Rapala. I know, it sounds like I either cant cast or am heartless. Well, I just finished tying the Rapala on to my line and reached for the clipers to trim the line when the dog thought it was a snack and the fight was on. It was only a two or three minute strugle and the dog was released with a minor pearcing. The dog was fine and it spend the rest of the day chasing every lure we cast. The dog is a little high strung.

We ended up catching 20 plus smallies on the north side and one small tiger approx. 24 inches on a 4" white curly tail grub w/ silver flake.

We moved over to port ramp and fished towards the narrows. We hooked up on three more tigers and landed two. Largest was 36". All caught on fire tiger rapalas.

The wind picked up by 1130 and pushed us into spring cove for cover. The bite turned off and we switched to the bow for carp. After a carp fest, we pulled of the lake at 1300.

Sorry, no pictures. The wife brought the 35mm and forgoet the digtial.
[signature]
My cousin and I were out there yesterday also, not much to report though. Bass_turd hooked a carp when we got lazy and pulled into one of the coves in the north arm and fished worm and bober, The carp ran the line into the bushes and tangle up, finally broke off the line and nothing else happened in that spot.
We trolled for musky for a bit, Large perch and fire tiger rapalas but to no avail.....
When the wind picked up we found a small bit of beach by the entrance to "Party Cove" and did some jigging and casting raps. I had a big carp hit my jig and swim right back into the half submerged tree there, tangled me and spit the hook (although i may have just snagged it in its back, it was still good to feel something on the other end of the line!)
It was still good to get out, have to hit it again soon, with all the Muskie posts i've been gettin the itch real bad!
[signature]
I THINK I SAW YOU GUYS. WERE YOU IN AN ALUMINUM BOAT? I WAS IN THE 21' GREEN AND TAN PONTOON
[signature]
[cool]Uh-oh, hope Leaky didn't leave Sparky at the lake...[Tongue]
[signature]
[crazy] Carp?????????
[signature]
I think i saw you guys in the pontoon. We were in a small white fiberglass torturecraft, equivalant to a large bathtub LOL! It's small but gets us on the water. I was flying a BFT flag.
[signature]
HEY [mad][sly] You don't want to piss Sparky off! Hyper? Who me? [laugh]
Leaky