Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Action HAS picked up!!
MAN! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE OF DAYS!!!
The weather in Venice has been unreal! Light winds, sunshine and bitting fish. What more can you ask for! Thanks to Ms. Brandi, I've been able to keep everybody up to date with what my customers have been enjoying. And have they enjoyed themselves! WE've had some great catches lately, especially for Febuary! Those who got brave and took a chance on the $99 special were rewarded. We had a high of 66 trout on Friday and on Saturday, we got on a redfish bite that was INSANE! And that was after 55 trout in the morning! Things slowed down somewhat on Sunday as we had "only" 20 trout and our usual box of VENICE REDS! Yesterday the trout bite was UNDETECTABLE. It was so soft that my customers really had a hard time feeling them. I tried really hard to teach them what to feel for, but it was just to difficult. It was one of the most subtle bites I have ever experienced. So, What do you do now? You go after something that strikes a little more noticable! REDS! Yep, did the redfish thing. Lines stripping and water boiling. I must admit it wasnt as intense as it has been, but they were there. On the first cast Mr. B hooked up on a FAT 20pounder. That fish was about as fat as I've ever seen! As Mrs. Sue put it,"that fish has some shoulders"!
I really enjoyed all my charters this week. The weather was great and I even stayed out a little longer on a couple days to soak it up! Hopefully this will lead into a great spring. I cant tell you how much I'm looking forward to those big SOWS hitting the deck! Last year we had a STRONG class of 5-6lb fish. Maybe the strongest I've ever seen. Those fish will all be in the 7-10lb catagory this year! Look at for Venice this year! I really beleive that a state record is swimming those waters somewhere. I got a couple hunches on there locations too! Start booking your spring trips now!
Until the Spring gets here come fish with me for $99/person. Take a look at the photos below and see what my custoemrs get for this rediculous price! REEL SHOT GUIDE SERVICE 985-969-0810
[signature]