Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison River
Heading up to fish the Madison and some surrounding waters this coming Monday for a full week.Anybody have any surefire nymph patterns they would reccomend to use up there this time of year??I've heard rumors the salmon flies are starting to show around Ennis and we will be fishing mainly in the area between Quake lake and Lyons bridge.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
It will be good, have a friend that is there now. Yesterday fishing was a little slow. Bugs that will work well= #2 crane fly larva,#4 olive zonker,#4 stone nymph,#14 platnum caddis, #12 free living caddis,#16 bead head pheasant tail. Don't forget the basics you use here.
Tear um up!!!
[signature]
Thanks James....sure do miss Hooked.Since I don't tie my own,do you think Sportsmans or Anglers den will have those flies you mentioned??
[signature]
As long as you are up there anyway, check out Bud Lilly's Trout Shop right in W. Yellowstone. These guys are sharp and up to date on what is working. Went there a couple of years ago, they hooked me up with some great flies and I caught a 27" Brown at Three Dollar Bridge.
[signature]
Thanx Flygoddess.Three Dollar Bridge is near where we'll be staying...Wade Lake.I know which shop you're talking about and have visited it a few times.Sounds like the river is running really nice right now and we hope to do well.Will post upon our return!
[signature]
I don't know how it is right now, but 2 weeks ago the salmon flies were out pretty good on the Firehole and the Madison inside the park.

Rut
[signature]
Make sure to get some Copper Johns they work really well up there. At least they have produced those most fish for me there.
[signature]