Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what a change
The columbia river gorge is one of the windyest places to fish.Some days on the river you cant even tell if your getting a bite.The last 2 times i was fishing there it was like that ,very windy but we got fish.What a change today was, the only movement of wind was the casting of the bait. the boat only moved when another one went by us, a great day to be on the water.I was watching a hawk fishing about 70 feet above me and in no time he had one.Then a train came along and i found myself kinda dreaming a little(easy to do up here) when i noticed my rod dipping a few inches at a time. i jumped up almost startled a little and set the hook on a nice take down.Well i had only been there 10 min,and wasnt sure wheather i wanted the 54 incher or did i want to fish longer,only a guy that dont like fish would throw this one back,i fished a little longer as i bleed the fish out,** its better if you do this before you clean them the meat is fresher i think**thru back a couple of shakers and packed up the gear. It was a great day for a boat ride back to the dock,where i got a lot of looks. i showed them why i was heading home and it seemed that they hurried up a little after that,can't blame them when the bites on.

[Image: 2.jpg]
[signature]
WOW! Jim, you posted this two days ago and some how I missed it! Another one of them prehistoric fish ? I can tell the wind affects alot of things. It even affects the pic's.
Now that is one exalent pic!
[signature]