Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is everyone doing as well as they thought they would so far this year?
I'm curious how everyone has faired with this years season. I know I had expectations going into this season, and as of yet, I have not met those expectations.

I was curious who's there and who's not. What were your goals by this time this year? And what have you accomplished and what have you not?
[signature]
I have to say my freshwater fishing has surpassed my expectations so far this year. Saltwater however has had me disapointed and doesn't look well in the near future. Fluke ratios are 10-20 to one for a keeper. All this rain has made the lower Ct a mud hole and nothing will come in. Still have my fingers crossed for a good crab season.
[signature]
I am running way behind,

I have caught two master angler award fish for my state, but for the lack of a picture I have not been able to get them entered in either the state records or our sixteen speces contest on our [#333366][size 1]Photo Gallery[/size][/#333366]

I have to send off some negitives to a proper photomat in hopes of getting pictures I can use...

but mostly I have not been on the water as mush as I would like to have been....
[signature]
That's like me Dave, i've not been able to hit the water as much as I would have liked to. Like mentioned above, the rain really has had a negative impact on the fishing on the east coast, apparently all the way up to CT.

I figured by now I would have landed atleast a few nice cats, but none really to speak of. The water has been up and down so much in the rivers that the natural order of things is all screwed up. The fish don't know if they're comming or going.

I also figured i'd have caught a few nice kings, sharks, and a few other things in the big salty pond, but i've been out in the ocean a grand total of like 3 times; and all three times the weather conditions were wrong or I hit the tides wrong. But you've gotta take what you can get in the ocean. If you find a day calm enough to get the boat out of the getties, and you actually don't have to work, you'd better run with it. LOL, that's the breaks I guess. No matter how well you plan or organize, you're still playing it by ear. [cool][cool]
[signature]