Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek?
Does anybody know if Deer Creek is safe to ice fish? I'm getting real tired of catching just the slot limit size at the Berry!!
[signature]

It has been quite from deer creek.
Rockport can be a good change of pace.
try pink foxee jigs.
Echo they are catching some nice size trout.
Lost creek and current creek has fast fishing for trout.
I am hoping this cold snap puts ice on utah outlet so I can catch those White bass.
[signature]
I hear its supposed to get pretty cold tonight, that ought to help out on the ice fishing. I kind of figured the ice fishing would be over soon, but if this cold snap keeps up I may have to break out the shantee again.
[signature]
Ice fishing over? Now where is that cianide pill I keep around?
I wouldn't say icefishin is over[Tongue] are you crazy? we still have two good months ahead to IceFish[Smile]
[signature]
I drove by Deer Creek yesterday. From the island south most of Deer Creek has ice covered with a couple inches of snow. I saw some tracks and holes in rainbow bay and a little north. The ice starts at about the middle of the island. I didn't see any tracks in the snow near the island or boat ramp.There are a lot of gray areas in the snow where water has wicked up from cracks. If I liked to fish Deer Creek I would probably risk a trip, however I would take a bar to test the ice every few feet. Take a buddy and a rope, the guy who drives gets to hold the safe end of the rope.

fdg
[signature]