Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowfishing Report
Hit Lincoln Beach for carp last Saturday at 5 AM. Saw only five and hit two south of the barbed wire fences.

Walked over to the dikes about 6:30 AM. Some nice guy told me he saw a bunch there. Was he ever right. Shot them up until I started feeling guilty.

One carp I shot looked a lot different than the others. This one has a dorsal fin that wasn't rounded at the top like the others. It's scales were alot bigger than regular carp.

Anybody know what it was? Pretty sure it wasn't a june sucker.

Thanks!
[signature]
Started feeling guilty! Man that is too bad. Of course I don't have a conscience, so no worries there![Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I've heard a lot of commotion over along the dike the last couple of trips. Sounds like you got in some good shootin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suspect that your mystery fish was a mirror carp...big scales, but same species. Just a variation. See the attached pics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Feeling guilty? Nah. Revulsion, maybe.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes, that's exactly what it was. Thanks for the pics. Do you know what I can do with the carp after I shoot them? Is there a dumpster anywhere near?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There is a dumpster over at the fish cleaning station area, to the north of the boat ramp.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you know someone who could use them in the garden, that is a good use. I also know there are quite a few BFTers who would take some as bait. But, how do you keep a bunch of nasty bloody carp in useable condition until everybody comes to claim them?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...the wildlife usually clean up the remains pretty good. Just don't litter areas used by others. They will not like you in a day or so.[/#0000ff]
[signature]