Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkley Gulp Products--Any Success?
[cool]Has anybody out there been using Berkley Gulp products for saltwater fishing--especially the sardines, anchovies, and mackerel baits? And what about the cut baits? Berkley claims that their artificials work better than live bait--any feedback? Any great catches? I would appreciate any comments--pro or con.
[signature]
I'm trying the sandworm on a tubeNworm rig. Nothing yet, but I've only used it once so far. I did get a smallie useing it in fresh water.[crazy]
[signature]
That stuff works great on so many ocean species.

I use the minnows on rock fish and other ground fish species, Sandworms for the Barred Surfperch, Walleye Surfperch,Opaleyes, Corbina and Croakers.

The Shrimp works well for Calico Bass, California Sheepshead and Bocaccio.

The Sand Crabs/Fleas also work well for the surf species.

The Jerk Shad work well for WSB and YT.

The Whole squid also work for the WSB.
[signature]
[cool]Have you--or anybody you know--used the Gulp Anchovies, Mackerel or Sardines? The guy at my local tackle shop said he heard guys were tearing up the sand bass and calico bass with the Gulp Anchovies and Sardines. He said he also heard a rumor that somebody caught a 20 lb. yellowtail with the Gulp Mackerel. So far I have used the Gulp Shrimp to catch rockfish and the Gulp 3" Red Minnow Grubs to really tear it up on the sculpin. I'm still not totally convinced that Gulp is better than live bait, but so far I've been impressed by my results.
[signature]
The Chove and 'Dine work well. I caught a nice 25lb YT on a Gulp Chove. It was a homegaurd from Anacapa Island.

I have also caught several nice Ling Cod on the Gulp Dines. There are lot of good success stories out there from the Gulp products.

I haven't heard any thing on the Calicos or Sand bass yet but I'm sure they will work too.[cool]
[signature]