Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRAWBERRY KOKANEE HOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
HIT THE BERRY LAST NIGHT (FRIDAY AND THIS MORNING SAT) AND HIT 5 KOKES LAST NIGHT IN THE WIND AND RAIN BUT THIS MORNING WE SHOWED THEM HOW TO GET IT DONE!!! LANDED 14 BEAUTIFUL KOKES FROM 6:20-AM-10:30 AM NOT TO MENTION THE HORRIFIC AMOUNT OF "CUTT'S" WE HAD TO WADE THROUGH TO FIND THEM.
WE WERE FISHING RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF THE MARINA BETWEEN THE MARINA AND HAW'S POINT IN 72-78 FEET OF WATER......OUR BAIT'S WERE FROM 22-43 FEET WITH 32-38 BEING THE "IDEAL" DEPTH.
THE HOT BAIT'S WERE MY NEW LINE OF MINI SQUID'S IN HOT PINK AND THE SOCKEYESLAYER WIDE EYED BUG MADE A STRONG SHOWING AND I WAS HAPPY TO SEE THE RESULT'S!!!
WE HAD TO WORK FOR THEM ....MORE THEN I AM USED TO AT THE "GORGE"...BUT I WAS IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST...NOT TO MANY OTHER'S WERE HAVING MUCH LUCK BUT IF YOU STAY OUT IN THE CHANNEL AND WORK FOR THE FISH THEY WILL COME.
IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE KOKANEE MATURING UP AT STRAWBERRY AND I LOOK FORWARD TO A RETURN TRIP IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!
GOOD LUCK
JARED JOHNSON/ SOCKEYESLAYER
[signature]
Nice report Jared. Glad you guys could find some nicer fish. Thanks for sharing. I need to get a look at your "engineering sample" lures!
[signature]
thanks for the report! we stopped by the berry tonight on our way home from the gorge. we fished from about 3-8 pm and did great. we got tons of cutts and 5 or 6 kokes. it was kind of funny because we werent really even trying for kokes. usually we find kokes and stick with them in order to eak out 5-10 in a day. this time we just kept trolling along and just kind of happened into them. (along with a lot of nice cutts) hot baits for us were double pink glow sling blades and humdingers. wedding rings behing dodgers did well too.

hey jared, if youre going to be switching and using all of your own design lures... then i'll take some of those old humdingers off your hands! that little pink one you gave me is awesome!

did well at the gorge too. fished up north at squaw and big bend. lots of kokes, and pretty big too. biggest went almost 4 lbs. they sure are hogs up there!
[signature]
SHHHHH !!! Wish I knew you were up there . I might of cruised by or chatted on the radio with you . That is one of my spots for kokes I've always done well there . I didn't fair as well as you on the "Creek" side but managed 3 kokes , 1 bow , and too many cutts .
KOKANEE
[Image: creekkoke.jpg]
BOW
[Image: creekbow.jpg]
CUTT
[Image: creekcutt.jpg]
SOLDIER CREEK
[Image: creekside.jpg]
SUNSET
[Image: sunsetcreek.jpg]

Screwed up my only pic of a koke today I took . Should of took another for insurance . Finally got a 3'fer today (KOKE,BOW,CUTT) . I should of been there at sunrise but slept in this morning . Sounds like the bite was on this morning .
[signature]
Thanks for sharing Jared, it is always good to hear a kokanee report from the Berry. Did you catch any kokes, of the size that you do at the Gorge?
[signature]
The fishing gods are not pleased with the idea of me catching a kokanee at the berry. I zipped up Saturday morning with high hopes based on the reports I'd heard. We fished all over the soldier creek side, up and down "Kokanee Alley" and about half way thru the narrows. Nada, zippo, zilch. A couple of stinky little cuts just to get my hopes up . . . oh well, maybe someday I will figure out the majic mojo. . .
[signature]
Fishhungry , I was there on saturday . How deep did you fish if you know ? I only caught one koke in kokanee alley at 36' . Others I caught were down 65' on the east side in 135' of water and over by Stinking Springs in 165' . It was slow for me too . Fish were not as thick as last week . I was using a chartreuse needlefish again . I tried a pink one for a while but only cutts caught on it .
[signature]
I mixed it up between 25 and 40 feet thinking that is where I would find the kokes. I saw some fish down at 65 in the narrows and went down to check them out, ended up catching some dink cutts right away, so I figure that's what I was seeing on the finder. I covered a lot of water hoping I would eventually find a school, but no such luck. Maybe I'll try that other area you suggested, Jared sure slayed them there!
[signature]