Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 8-5-06 Holly fog
Holly fog batman, got there at about 6:30am and couldnt see 20' in front of the boat had to troll right from the marina. Caught quite a few fish early around 20 but nothing out of the slot, i guess i am going to try jiggin next time to see if i can catch some bigger fish.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. That fog was indeed not pleasurable. Not only could I not see, but the window on the boat fogged up so badly that I couldn't see through it. My first boat had a windshield wiper and I realized immediately that this boat also needs one. Particularly bad, because the only way to clean the windshield is to climb along the side of the boat and get onto the bow. We found a small bay to hand out in (couldn't find any fish there though) until it lifted a little. I have also discovered that on average I catch larger fish vertically jigging (plus it is more fun) that I do when I troll.
[signature]
We were there also Saturday morning. Launched around 7:30 a.m. or so. I have 3 words for you. Global Positioning System. (GPS!) They are awesome! We turned it on and all I had to do was avoid hitting boats on the way out to our honey hole! The cool thing was that when we got out there, there was no fog and also no other boats! (Cause they coudn't find their way out of the marina!)

We ran into one guy (in the fog near the marina as we were threading our way through the boats) who asked if we were coming in already...I said "no, but you are!"...apparently he had gone in a circle and thought he was heading out to sea when he was heading back into the marina!

I had my mom and dad with me and my mom caught a 5 lb 24 incher! all others were in the slot.

It was a good day on the Berry!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.