Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crawler harnes?
I want to make my own crawler harneses, I have seen some and want to improve on them. Someone have pic's of some, so I can get a better way of making a better fish foolen harnes?
[signature]
here's some pics for you, what improvements do you have in mind ?? I have designed a knock out punch harness a few years back that just knocked the eyes smooth at yuba. hope these help you on your quest. later chuck
[signature]
those are some great looking harnesses, bet they'd work great with a plastic worm for finesse fishing too
[signature]
Thanks, I've used some berkley power worms and ribbon worms and did ok with that setup, thats when the perch are also hanging around and nipping the crawlers tail. later chuck
[signature]
Thanks This will help, Now with the red hooks this will give a nice look to them also. The bass aroun here seem to like the red the most right now.
[signature]
Hi duk-i
I have my best luck when I use colored blades that contrast a little.
I do a lot of painting my own blades. I begin by wrapping peices of tape around so that it is sticky on both sides and then lay out my blades curved side up on the tape, then stick the back side of the tape to a piece of card board. I then begin by applying a few coats of white paint, when it has dried I paint on some spots (black mostly, using a small brush end sanded flat) then I add a little color by painting a stripe down one edge or the other. Then when the blades are done drying I apply a coat of clear fingernail polish, I really like using clear polish with sparkles (glitter) in it.
Then when I tie a harness i use beads that compliment the color that I have painted my blades, but I try to not use the exact color as the blade. I found some floating beads that are all different kinds of colors. Greens with orange, red with white. That and I've found some quick change clevises, they are colored also. When I get a chance I'll get some pictures of some of my blades and rigs, if you are interested... Later LBD
[signature]
Yes pics when you get them. I have started to do just that ( making and painting my own ) the finger polish is something I would not have thought of, Thanks. When I get some more made up I will try and get some pics on. The fisherpersons at the shop are liken the ones I have made up I can't seem to keep em, to take somr pics.
[signature]