Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing was a tad bit slow again
Man, what's the deal? The fishing is slow as can be. Atleast we didn't get soaked comming back in this time. The water temp is still in the low 80's, so there isn't much to be expected in the way of kings inshore. Offshore there are reports of kings and spanish being caught, 10 miles and further.

The spadefish were there, however, the jellyballs weren't, so no way of targeting them. We caught like 5 black sea bass, and only had one keeper. And he was barely a keeper, just broke the 10" plane.

We didn't waste our time trolling; one reason we didn't have any live bait, and no one else around us was getting any runs. There wasn't any action around and I know the spanish wasn't there, so spoons would have been a waste of gas.

We did have plenty of pinfish action, and being that was the only thing kicking around that reef, we used a few for live bait. I had one on a ballon all day, which never got a sniff. I did get 5 big runs from live pinheads on the bottom, but all 5 runs got cut off. I believe I had us anchored a little too perfect on the reef. LOL, it was the last spot I stopped and I was too lazy to move the boat up 15 yards. Oh well, that's fishing.

I think the fishing is really going to improve in the next two weeks. I wasn't even going to go out yesterday, but it would have been a sin to waste such a pretty day. I hope to hear how the fishing is doing else were in the state

Anyone doing anything in the freshwater side? I have't fished the river in about a month I think. I may hit it this weekend.
[signature]