Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch info
This is directed to the perch fisherman that used smelly jelly on his tails. He also mentioned anchovy scent. How often do you apply the stuff while fishing and how is it applied?
[signature]

Hey there George,

I'm not the guy you probably talked to but I love my little perches. I have a hard time keep anything on the grubs when I apply it at the fishing site. I use Smelly Jelly, Hot Stuff, Calico Cocktail. I was told to do the following with the first two. Find a small microwavable dish and put your goo in the dish and nuke it in the microwave till it just liquifies. Put the mes........er wonderful stuff in a quality, good, dependable, ziplock bag. Put your critters in the bag and have them absorb the scent. I added the touch of stabing my grubs a million times with a sewing needle (eases various frustrations until I stick myself) before soaking them.

Oh ya, almost forgot. For beach fishing thats really shallow long and sloping I use a sliding drop shot rig rather than a Carolina rig. When I add scent, it seems like the added scent stays on longer.

JapanRon
a.k.a.tsurikichi
[signature]