Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish&Hurricane report Capt Todd the Got Caught Cabo San Lucas
[cool]Everything is quite OK in Cabo area. John decided to veer east of us and ended up coming ashore on the East Cape area towards LaPaz. Cabo has relatively very minor damages as i can tell. I personally lost power for a few minutes about 3ish a.m. then again around 7 or so a.m., for a couple hours. Water has continued to flow from the city, which is pretty abnormal, but good!! I'm estimating that winds last night maybe hit somewhere in the 30-40s (mph), for a little while, and that was likely after the hurricane was long pat us. I hear that LaPaz is w/out electric in a pretty large part of the area and I know nothing about East cape, for now, however I don't hear much about any thing significant to report. Considering what was being said we were quite fortunate. Caught Again has NO damage and I'm yet to hear about Got Caught in LaPaz. I'm assuming that it's OK, too.

Fishing will possibly be able to resume tomorrow, however we're checking with the port captain to determine exactly when they'll open the harbor. It'll be no later than Monday morning and based on what's happening weather and sea wise it looks good for tomorrow. We are ready to go at the port captain's OK!!

I didn't say much about the fishing earlier however over the past couple weeks the fishing had been picking up. Prior to that it'd seemed like the fishing was very spotty which is not typical for this time of year. Also, the fishing had been taking place quite a bit in the Sea of Cortez side, more so than normal, for this time of year. A little on the strange side in my opinion, than what's normal for the summer. We had some very good days in the past couple weeks with a lot of dorado & some tuna as well as the typical stripers and a few sailfish and blue marlin.
[signature]