Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
berry tips
hopeing to get out to the berry for my next tubing adventure. where would be the best place to hook into big fish. short(1mile) hikes are fine with me. any secret spots anyones willing to share im all open ears. any tips on bait to use. i have done well with minnows, and worms, havent strayed much from those though, what else would produce big fish. thanks for the info guys and girls
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You and your dad already know some good spots...for most years. This year, so far, the fish have not really turned on in the shallower water yet. Most of the action has come from jigging in deeper water. For that you need sonar and plastic tubes...tipped with minnow or crawler.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]October and November are magic months on Da Berry for tubers and tooners. That's after the lake has turned over and the fish are feeding big time in the shallows. You can hang them on flies or jigs by casting right up into the skinny water...and there are some of the biggest fish of the year taken.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Almost any color of wooly bugger or marabou jigs will catch fish then, but my favorite is one with an olive green body and a brown tail...maybe with some flashabou for extra sparkle. Anything that looks like a crawdad or a minnow is likely to get munched when those fish put on the feedbag before winter.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When the fish are ON, you can fish from shore, wade or tube almost anywhere around the lake, but every year the best spots can be different, depending on water levels and bait movements. You need to watch the reports for the current hotspots.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Not sure why you would post here for info on the Berry . I might of gave a much quicker reply on a Utah board . There is always fish with in your reach at the berry from a tube . I PM ya . Bet the wind and snow has you sitting at home anyway this weekend .
[signature]