Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best places to eat while going to/from fishing/hunting etc.
A thought came to me while talking to another member that it would be nice to know where one might stop and get a good meal while on the road. Locals probably have the best handle on that one. So I thought I would start the list and see where it goes.

If you are traveling past Evanston Wy. the very best breatfast in town is at a place called Bear River Restraunt on the east end of town. (No, I am not affiliated with it in any way but it has won me over) Very reasonable, very good, and it opens at 5:00 am every morning of the week. If you're coming from Utah just go to the 3rd exit, turn left, drive past the Pilot and go about another 1/2 mile. It's the only restraunt on the right side of the road.
[signature]
[Wink] If you are headed home from either east canyon, Lost creek, Jordanelle, Strawberry, or any other fishing destinations up that way stop in at the taggert cafe. Take the taggert exit and head right around to the cafe.

Its not advertised other than by word of mouth, but they have a fantastic halibut augraten and a great chicken enchilada. You wont go wrong.

Also if your doing the bear lake thing, hit the home town. They are locally owned and operated and they have the best burgers in town.
[signature]
Where is the Home Town located at Bear lake?
[signature]
Just north of Lebaues about 50 yards
[signature]
I guess that would help if I knew where Lebaues was.[crazy] Is it North of the Pug/Stone tackle shop?
[signature]
[indent][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Same area. Turn north at the "T" like you're headed for the marina. Can't miss it.[/size][/black][/font][/indent]
[signature]
Sorry Curt,

I assumed you were more familiar with the area. As Rich said, come into Garden City from Logan, At the T, go left, Just past the gas station you will see Lebaues. The next to it is Home town.
[signature]
If coming back to morgan from East canyon, stop at the Spring Chicken Inn in Morgan. They have some awesome home cooked food.
If you are coming from the Uinta's from the kamas side, eat at Dick's drive inn in Kamas.
[signature]
Thanks guys, although I fish the Bear a lot during the season I have never eaten up there, I'll have to give the place a try.
[signature]
we used to stop at the hub in heber on are way to the berry ice fishing for breakfast till one of my buddys got food poising and puked all over the ice
[signature]
That gas station next to the Hub is where I always stop when I'm going through Heber. They sell Chester fried chicken that is the best this side of the Mississippi river, LOL.
[signature]
Every year on my way to deer hunt I stop at the Naked Chicken in Gunnison, mmmmm great burgers. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
[signature]
The Hub in Heber is still one of my favorites.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]TubeBabe and I always stop at Reed's Drive In, in Nephi, on our way back to Salt Lake from Yuba or points south. It is in the north part of town, along the main drag, and has great sandwiches...and ice creams. Good fries and onion rings too. Can you say cholesterol? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You gotta time it right or it is overrun with school kids.[/#0000ff]
[signature]