Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Walleye
Fished Lincoln Beach area yesterday. Water temp was 36 at 7:00 A.M. Didn't catch a fish all day, but two of my friends got three trolling Thin Fins. Blue seems to be the color right now. Between 7 and 9' feet deep at 1.4 mph. Another guy had two walleye, but I don't know what he was using. A few white bass, crappie and LMB are being caught at the warm spring, but nothing fast and furious. The one LMB caught yesterday was pushing ten pounds. HUGE LMB.

Water temp at 5:00 P.M. was 39. Walleye are starting to stage in spawning areas. Going down this morning to try and get me a fishy before this storm hits hard. I'm thinking my luck has to change soon.If I could catch one eye for every thousand casts, I'm way over due.

cantcatchnowalleyebob
[signature]
Who caught the LMB? Was it someone who was fishing for it? Did they take photos?
[signature]
Hey UTBASS, the LMB was caught by a kid in a pontoon type float tube. Using a black/chartreuse grub.(I taught him that, good for me) He was fishing for Walleye. I know his brother(met him down there a couple months ago), and have fished with them alot since. No photos, he just let it go. They were setting an example for a non-english speaking fellow that caught a big one a while earlier. They had to yell at him, and finally got him to release his fish.
I just got back from there. Didn't see any bass caught today. No whites or LMB.
One of my friends got another Walleye,on a purple Thin Fin. Another guy caught a few Walleye. He's not very sociable, but I watched him release a big one. Probably nine or ten pounds.I think they were pulling Lindy rigs, but not sure what was on the important end.

Got kinda icky and everyone bailed before it got dangerous.Hope everyone gets out safe today. The winds are whipping pretty hard right now.

walleyebob
[signature]