Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JAKES BAY 10/04
The wind blew,it rained,cold,and the fish were biting!Perfect day at the berry.[Wink] Fished 1-530 PM,in my pontoon,water temp. 50-51.Caught 22,quite a few over the slot.Used 3 1/2" white tubes,1/8 oz jighead.They are hitting hard at the berry![Smile] Had something happen,that had never happened before,when I cast,the line would hang in the air,and even rise some.Static?Kind of unnerving
[signature]
sounds like you had the ticket mike. was there alot of people there or were you by yourself.
thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Had the place to myself,no one else crazy enought to be out in that weather!Check out my edit on the post
[signature]
Where on the berry is Jakes bay?

Majja
[signature]
They also call it Chicken creek East
[signature]
that means that you are electrifying. lmao
[signature]
I know where that is .. I have actually Floated taht a coupleof times with my uncles tube a few years ago.

Thanks for the info
[signature]
sounds like there was alot of electricicity in the air, thats a pretty scaring feeling when you cast and, as the line comes off the spool every time around it shocks you, tic, tic ,tic. thats not good, you are the highest point around you, and you are waving a lighting rod around, Mike, your name fits you pretty good, lol.
later chuck
[signature]
[size 1]"Had something happen,that had never happened before,when I cast,the line would hang in the air,and even rise some.Static?Kind of unnerving"[/size]

"Kind of unnerving"? Mike I'm looking forward to ice fishing with you again this winter, not consoling your wife at your funeral![unsure] Glad you got into some fish, but please be careful. Children -- don't try this at home -- or on the water.
[signature]
[reply]
[Smile] Had something happen,that had never happened before,when I cast,the line would hang in the air,and even rise some.Static?Kind of unnerving [/reply]

Thats a really good time to get the heck off the water. With that much electricity around a lightening strike is likely somewhere really close. Put your rod tip in the water and get off the water!
[signature]
Good to see you made it home to give a report . I never had my line suspend like that but have been hit by bark from a tree that did get a direct hit .
[signature]
THAT MUST BE IT!!
[signature]
I didn't get any shock off the line,and there was no thunder and lightning.I'm going to be 70 this December,the fish were biting,so what the hexx[Wink]
[signature]
O.K,O.k. guys you are right,just don't tell my wife[blush]
[signature]