Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Fork Report & Pics
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Dave with a 7 lb bass on a spoon[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 061014dave.jpg][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]10-year-old Aaron quickly learned how to catch them on a drop shot and started out-fishing his dad and me[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 061020aaron.jpg][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Another good deep water bass [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 061018kean.jpg][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]An otter on Lake Fork eating the head of his trophy bass. From the sounds of the crunching, it must be high in fiber.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 061020otter.jpg][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Your chariot awaits. My 2007 Ranger Z21 Comanche with a Diamond Sport Marine wrap[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: redingtonboat.jpg][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Significant cold fronts rolled through NE Texas every few days, making for an up and down week of fishing on Lake Fork. On the average day we’re getting about 25 bass, consisting mostly of 1 to 3 pounders from both shallow and deep water, with a few 4 to 7 pound fish mixed in. On post-frontal days, numbers have run lower and the big fish have been scarce. On the other hand, the days just before and as the front is moving through have been really good for both numbers and size, with a shot at a real giant bass. With the lake still holding near 70 degrees, look for fall fishing to stay good for numbers until late November and I expect more truly big bass to be caught as the water cools. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Lake Conditions: Once again, Lake Fork’s water level continues to drop, currently reading 397.82’, about 5’ 2” below full pool. Even with the low water, almost all of the main ramps are still useable without any issues. After the recent fall turnover, much of the main lake remains stained brown, while many of the creeks are clear. Water temps steadily dropped this week, currently reading in the mid- to upper-60s. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Location Pattern: Typical of fall fishing, bass are holding anywhere from the backs of creeks and along main lake shores in literally inches of water as well as setting up camp on deep water structure. While most of the schools of deep bass were holding in 22’ to 28’ of water last week, most of my structure fishing has taken place much shallower this week, more in the 12’ to 22’ range. When graphing these fish, keep in mind that schools that are relating to the bottom will be the easiest bass to catch normally. The other main pattern will be weed flats on the main lake and in coves with channels or points with deep-water access nearby. These spots produce some fast action early and late or all day on cloudy days. Typically, areas that are holding fish now are holding lots of fish. So, if you’re catching fish, stay put and try multiple lures until you’ve caught everything you can. Conversely, if you’re in a good-looking spot but not getting bit, keep moving to other locations until you hit pay dirt. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Presentation Pattern: Topwaters have been very productive some mornings and evenings. Shad colored poppers and Zara Spooks or black buzzbaits have produced fast action around pad fields and over grass mats. Small spinnerbaits in white and shallow or medium running shad colored crankbaits have also worked early and late or all day on cloudy or windy days. If the bass aren’t in a chasing mood, deadsticking Texas rigged straight tail worms like a Twitch Worm in green pumpkin or watermelon/red flake have produced some nice fish. Fish all of these baits on deep weedlines or along creek channels in the coves. During the middle of the day, I’ve been catching most of my fish out deeper. Carolina rigged Baby Ring Frys in watermelon/chartreuse flake or watermelon/chartreuse pepper have produced some good numbers and some big ones once schools are located. Other days, drop shotting Lake Fork Twitch Worms in watermelon/chartreuse pepper or watermelon/red flake has produced fast action for bass. ½ to 1 ½ ounce chrome jigging spoons and ¼ oz white jigs have also caught a lot of bass on several days and these baits will often produce the largest bass of the day. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s hoping you catch the lunker of your dreams. If I can be of assistance, please contact me at 214-683-9572 (days) or 972-635-6027 (evenings) or e-mail me through [/size][/font][url "http://www.lakeforkguidetrips.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]http://www.LakeForkGuideTrips.com[/size][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] , where your satisfaction is guaranteed.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Good Fishing,[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Tom [/font][/size]
[signature]