Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BETA VERSION OF MARLIN FISHING GAME
PLEASE PLAY AROUND WITH THE BETA VERSION OF THIS GAME AND POST A REPLY, SEND ME A PM OR EMAIL WITH ANY IDEAS, BUGS, ETC...

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/games/FishingGame.html"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/games/FishingGame.html[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[black][size 3]Dang it ! I'm just no good at marlin fishing I guess. I couldn't catch anything. The graphics were kind of cool though. I'll try and give it another go - maybe I'm just a little slow.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]BTW - the help feature doesn't seem to work. Are there instructions ? I did notice anything except the help feature and it didn't work for me.[/size][/black]
OK update: On my second try, I caught 3 Marlins - but, I'm not sure how. The largest was 241 lbs, then one was 214, then the last was 193 (I think). But it only registered the largest of the session.

What is that little graph with the needle thing that shows up when a fish is hooked ?
[signature]
[black][size 3]This time I caught 2 marlins, a sail fish and some garbage. The marlin was 618 lbs - don't remember the weight of the others. The score only reflected the largest fish I caught.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Also, when the game started this time, there was some black stuff that looked like it was on the water. It wasn't there last time I played. Is that supposed to be there ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The help function doesn't work still. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Are there any instructions for the game ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Also, what do the individual colors mean on the fish finder - like the black, red, green fish arches ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
[black][size 3]OK, That black surface stuff must either be flotsom or baitfish as it comes and goes pretty regularly.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The time thing is kind of interesting. When my time said 7 minutes left, and the ETA to the dock said 10 minutes, I still made it back. Is that supposed to happen ? Actually I was able to circumnavigate the whole area several times when it looked like I should have gotten stranded somewhere - at least by looking at the 2 time clock things. But then maybe I am not understanding the timer functions very well.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I did catch another marlin though - so I am getting better at it.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Hey Mike,

I am also having problems with the help screen. So, with that said, I can't figure out how to play the game. I noticed fish hound figured it out, what's the secret?

Can you changed lures? How do you fight the fish? Adjust the drag?
[signature]
Thanks for the feedback guys. We are still finishing this game up and things like the challenge a friend and Help should be online next week.

HERE ARE SOME HINTS THAT MEY HELP:

You must register to have your score kept (it only takes a second).

You have to be back at the dock before time expires to record your fish.

Catching fish like Dorado, or tuna and then clicking the "Trolling Live Bait produce the biggest fish.

Look for birds and kelp patties for the biggest fish and smaller trolling fish.

Click on the water on the lower left hand screen to move the boat.

When you hook a fish you reel it in by keeping the pionter in the middle. This is done by clicking and releasing your mouse to move the pionter.

These are some tips and we will be posting more in the Help when the game is done. We are going to start weekly Tournaments with real prizes once the game is done.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great tips. I've had better success when I find all the seagulls sitting in the water.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]