Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 11/3

[signature]
Sweet!
[signature]
If you can’t say anything nice don’t say any thing at all, right.
[signature]
did not quite make it there? [crazy] or did you forget something? [cool]
[signature]
I don't know what happened to that original post. I'm sure I screwed it up somehow. Anyway, I hit Fish Lake in my Tube on Friday. I was hoping for some perch. Air temp 35 water temp 45. I fished from 10' to 60'. No perch. Lots of splake. I caught splake at all depths and throughout the water column. I finally left at 11am when the wind got too bad. I headed down the hill to Mill Meadow. Pikeman99 gave me a tip that there might be some decent perch there. I didn't have much luck with perch, but caught alot of trout. Rainbows, browns, splake, and some hybrids. The fishing was really good around the inlet of UM creek on the east side. Water temp at Mill Meadow was 47.
[signature]
hey now thats better![cool]
sounds like a good trip all the same!
what area of FL did you fish?
looks like the water temp has droped a little from a week ago.. water was 46.9 when i was there 2 week ago..
good report!!
[signature]
I fished at the north end where the lake narrows down. There's a spot with a couple of cottonwood trees that has a good place to launch a tube. I think it's called Joe's Bush or something like that. I was hoping to fish south but the gale force winds kept me pretty close to where I launched. Any ideas where the perch might be?
[signature]
the perch in fish lake never get to far from the weedline.. it's a matter of just finding where they are. i'm thinking that where the splake and mack's are going through the spawning thing.. and up in the shalow'er water of the lake the perch might be right in the weed's hiding.. when ice fishing FL i find that 5 to 20 feet of water is where the perch are.. problem is finding a hole in the weeds to get to that deepth.. thats why i take the gps along. when i find such a hole in the weeds in the boat i mark it.. so later during ice up i can find the hole where the perch will be..

the south end tends to have more of them kind of holes.. but they can be found all over the lake.. look for rocky bottom where the weeds cant grow..
[signature]
Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated. I'm going to try to get up there again before it freezes.
[signature]