Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boating Accident at Strawberry Reservoir
I saw on the Utah board 2 people are suspected of drowning and another 2 made it safely back to shore after a long swim when their boat capsized yesterday when high winds came up around noon. Be careful folks when the winds come up especially in smaller watercraft. Things can sometimes get nasty in a hurry so be sure lifejackets are readily available.
[signature]
I've been giving this a lot of thought since I read about the 'Berry incident. I have a cheap PFD that I can't really wear in the float tube because the back of it is one of the flotation cushions. I'm thinking my life may be worth the extra cost of an inflatable that I can wear all the time. The Scottish in me has me looking for a hot deal though![Wink]

Red Dwarf
[signature]
[black][size 3]They found a body and have identified it now - it's not one of those people though. It was a person that went for a swim and dissappeared a few years back.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I always bring my PFD when I go on any water craft. It's one of those Stearns Inflatables. It fish either over or under my jacket or coat and it hardly noticeable (as compared with my standard life jacket that is). They allow complete freedom of motion and mostly, it allows for a little more peace of mind. I use it float tubing, pontooning and boating. It is also very nice to have a good fitting and comfortable PFD when I go fishing on someone elses boat. [/size][/black]
[signature]
The latest I heard was the weather has been so bad they have had to delay the search. It is truly Sad the couple did not make it and what a tragic way to lose such a young couple. I hope we can all learn something from this as it is a reminder how life can take an instant turn for the worse unexpectedly.
[signature]
The latest this morning(Saturday) is they found the couple finally on Friday. Which is good news before the lake freezes completely over. I was looking at KUTV out of Salt Lake City's website, it had some pictures of the couple from the past. It looked like their boat was a 14 foot V- Hull Aluminum with a tiller handle motor. To take this type of boat out on a large lake towards the middle is risky with 4 people on board. They looked like a young and happy couple and it is tragic to lose them.
[signature]