Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats this all about?
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][Tongue]Looks like the antique road, oops I mean fly show.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19517;]
[signature]
[Wink] Well it looks to me like some Antique guy is tying an Antique Dragon fly, and making the wings out of a Used Snake skin!

That's a pretty fly. If I had a box full of good looking fly's like that, I just couldn't bring myself to fish with them.

A friend made a Tie Clasp out of a Black Nosed Dace. It got a lot of attention too.
I'm certain there's a lot of Flash and Verve in you guys that tie. Like the creators of exotic jewelry.

You tie em' and I'll fish with em'....
[signature]
Id have to agree it looks like a dragon fly.. maybe the thorax is made from wire stheathing.. Ive seen that tied by LeRoy Hyat...neat little way to go with it... what I see interesting is the swivel hook on the end.. might be an easy way to tie a dropper in with a swivel...but see a problem with that since it is not tie into the hook. ... so the thorax could slip off...unless there is some type of wire from the shank that would provide a more solid conncetion

either way... I agree with thud.....you tyers keep tying them... I will volunteer to fish with them....[Smile]

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]It looks like a baitfish imitation to me. The dumbell eyes means a bottom flie and float with hook up. The tail looks like Zonker tubing and then the buck tail or some other long hair sythetic the little tuft of red like gills. I haven't quite got a handle on the swivel on the end. Maybe for trolling and adding either flash or a dropper. Interesting! It could work![/size][/black][/font][url "http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeropost?cmd=reply&id=6700355#"][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][Image: cool.gif][/size][/black][/font][/url]
[signature]
Now isnt that what I said...LOL....

MacFly
[signature]
[Wink]I'm takin another guess.
Because I didn't see that thing on the end of the WIngs was a Snap.

Now I think the wings were some length of Wire Harness wrapping or some kind of ETC... and he had hung the ETC somewhere by tying the Snap onto the end of it.
Now the ETC is all used up and he's taken a photo of the last of his stock.
How Shamedly deceptive of him. He might be a Democrat!

Things like that happen when the weather sets in and you cant go fishing.
The Angry and upset fisherman begins to piddle in his favorite 'pondering stump' hidyhole.

Soon the mood begins to lighten, the Morose gives way to devilish delight the instant he spots the 'gift' of attention when he comes back from the fridge.

He got as far as the photo and had to make an emergency run.
When he came back into the room, all refreshed, voided and evacuated, beer in hand, the first thing he saw as he came through the door was....."IT" and in his devilish mood the question appeared to him in a flash.
"What the heck is that?"

Nobody will know! I'll ask, just to be certain.
And so he did.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 5]LMAO[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Now I am really Confused.... seems to me the easiest thing to say now is that it is some sort of BIG UGLY FLY LOOKING THING A MA JIG.. that is in a jig.. .or is that an Irish jig.. who started this thread anyway.. ??? and is there really an answer to the question that is asked??

MacFly
[signature]
[sly]Lookout Mac, he might be making us a test soon
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I'm with FGD - LMAO. I wasn't asking what insect that the fly was representing or any thing like that. I just thought that it was rather an unusal looking set up. A string loaded paper clip and a snap fastner at the tail. Oh well at least it got you guys thinking again now that the elections are over.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Elections.. what STINNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG lections you talking about.. I was talking about an big ugly fly thingy.. that was all tied and vised up... and no one answered the question of WHO yet.. [Wink]

MacFly
[signature]
[Tongue]Well, I think the Paper clip is an "any port in a storm" or a 'Handy Andy' thing to contain the nuisence value of his fly parts.

Notice he has the wings in the vise? The bobbin (thread supply doober) is still wrapped around the end of the WIngs?

Appearently the wings will come apart if he releases the Bobbin hold, but he needs the Bobbin for the next step, sooooo he tied in the snap as a temporary holder to free up the Bobbin.
He could have used a tooth pick. That would have raised some eyebrows. A fly with a stinger...[sly].

Maybe the next step was using the Bobbin to put a wrap around the body, just behind the wings as a Ramp or a Raised Hump to make the wings stand up.
That may be the reason for clamping the Wings and letting the fly dangle with a little weight for emphysis.

Why am I assuming a man has done this? It could have been DryRod's grandson!
Or maybe FlyGoddess' next protoge' is among us.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Too bad that I couldn't find the author of this pix otherwise I would ask him some of those same questions. So the next best thing is to hypothesis his intent.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Truth is stranger than Fiction! I'm happy with the Hypothisis.

We could rent our 'think tank' out to the Fed's for use in out-thinking the Terrorists next move.

Nawwww, I dont want to think about that stuff!
[signature]
We dont want to show up the feds now do we.. I mean they are being paid the big bucks to figure all of this stuff out.. [laugh]... maybe we should forward the picture and all the comments to date to them and see if they come up with a different conclusion.. course.. that would cost a lot of money.. I mean look at all the security it would have to go thru.. then initial analysis to figure out what.. then one for why.. then one for who.. then for when.. I mean.. thats at least 20 years of detailed analysis that someone would have to pay for....

[sly]

MacFly
[signature]