Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsman's Warehouse - Pocatello
The Sportsman’s Warehouse in Pocatello is now open. A good thing for us consumers but might not be all that good for a couple of the small fly shops in town. My wife isn’t very excited about it but she said at least I won’t have to waste any time while we are in Idaho Falls going to Sportsman’s Warehouse.

Anyone else check it out?
[signature]
SW opening might take it's toll for a couple weeks, but Roger and Ace Hardware and others should be ok. I'll bet the fly shop is half of what Portneuf selection is.
It didn't hurt Jimmy's much in IF (Sports Warehouse). I did see the other shop, which was only open for a couple years go belly up, but that was a crap location.
Cabelas did some damage for a couple months down here in SL but I think SW here is stronger then ever. I know it's apples and oranges, but it's the pecking order. Here, Cabelas then SW, then the little guys.
At least I hope so. I love PRO.
[signature]
I hope you are right about Ace, PRO, All Season Angler and others not being affected much by Sportman's Warehouse.

I don't think Jimmy's in IF would go out of business, even if a Cabelas was built next door on one side and Sportsman's Warehouse was built on the other side. IMO, Jimmy's is the best fly shop in Eastern Idaho.
[signature]
My daughter went over there on Saturday. She said it was packed! I think it will affect some places but the small fishing shops usually have a pretty devoted clientele. Sports Authority will probably take a big hit in the fishing and hunting departments.

I haven't talked to anyone who would know about the impact of Cabela's opening in Boise. I go there to look at stuff (and there is a lot of it), but for the most part I'm finding that SW has better prices on equivalent items. And I like shopping there more.

Red Dwarf
[signature]