Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLASH!!! I Just Got My Flies !!!
I just got home from work and my wife handed me a package with all of my flies in it!
WOW they are great!!!
Thanks everyone that tied flies for the swap.
This was a fun project and I'm happy that I joined in on it.
A special thanks to Flygoddess and Macfly55 for all your work.
The two of you really made this work.
[signature]
I got mine today also[Smile][Smile]. They all look GREAT!!! I echo DKSR on thanks to all who participated and especially FG and MF55 for the extra time they spent on this project.
[signature]
Renegade,
You got my hopes up so inspite of knowing that it was too early for the flies to show up here I walked through the snow flurries down to the mailbox to look. Sure enough they were not there.

Maybe tomorrow.

But I did find a fly for a free 1 gigabite SD flash card though. Just the xmas present my Tungsten PDA needs.
[signature]
Who knows how long mine will take! My mail is still being re-routed through SLC to my new house. It is kind of like Christmas morning waiting for the surprise.
[signature]
I had to get out to skate around on the roads this afternoon. I thought thre freeways would be the best to drive on but there was a lot of snow on them still and drivers were whizzing along pretty fast. It was not long before traffic was backed up by an accident. I found the city streets to be safer to drive on. That is a first for me.

I say all that to lead up to myself finding when I got back that a package of nice flies was in my mail box.

Thank you thank you.
[signature]
Got mine as well. Thanks for the work FlyGoddess, looks like I will have to step up next time. The recipes are great and I can't wait to take them out and try them. I'll report my success as they come. Nice batch of flies all.

katghoti
[signature]
I like to keep all the fly recipes I have on my computer. I generally can find it quicker if I have it on my computer and it generally means less of a mess in my house.

I have created a word document with all of the pictures and recipes in it. If you would like a copy of it emailed to you send me an email ( see my profile)
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Just received my goodie package today. Wow some of these flies are so small wasn't sure at first if their little compartments had anything in them. Thanks guys. Sure makes my offering a little drab. FGD apparently you are a well organized person. Each fly had their own little bed to sleep in. [Wink] The fact/recipe sheet will be most helpful. Next time I will know what is expected. Thanks again flygoddess. Oh it looks like I owe you 39[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][#008000]ยข.[/#008000][/#000000][/font][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Not at all DR. I just wanted to make sure you got them LOL[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I did put a wire threader on the little guy didn't I. Maybe I forgot cause I just threw the flies in the boxes as they came in so maybe someone else got the wire threader.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Dry Rod your flies were fantastic and they will catch the big fish that hold deep![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks for joining the fun![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I got a threader in the box with the micro midge. So maybe DryRod did not get one. If he did not get one I will be glad to send him the one I got.

FG I like the threader I think I am going to try it out with some of my midges. I have some wire that small to make it work.

DryRod,
you did a box with my three flies in it didn't you. I was surprised to see that I got a copy of my own flie. I know I tied a couple extra set but I told FG to keep them. If you did not get my flies I will mail them to you with the threader. But you probably did get samples of my submissions because one of your Marabou Muddlers was in with the flies I received. That muddler should be quite effective I would think.
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Thanks Scruffy_Fly but I did get the Micro-Midge. Also received several microscopic flies with ultra fine threader wires attached. Must be the copper wire that some body salvaged from a small armature. Now I wonder who she might be??[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19859;][/center]
[signature]
It was nice of her to put those small flies onto threaders for you.

It is not as cheap as using wire from an old miniture armature winding but you could use Largartun's fine wire for fly tying. I have a spool of it but I have another spool of extra fine wire that I got at Hobby Lobby that will work also.

If any one else is not sure what we are talking about and did not get a sample tell me and I will post a picture of what Fly Goddess sent. I just love that macro feature on my camera.
[signature]
Scruffy, everyone should have gotten one of their own flies back. Everyone sent 12 and there were 11 of us so I sent the 12th ones to MacFly55 for his help on this.
[signature]
I figured you had but was not sure. It is a lot easier on you to do that so that you did not have to worry about which set of boxes needed to mailed to which individual.

MacFly55 certainly earned that set of flies.
[signature]
[Wink]Wow!
I got my flies this morning. That's a great selection of Good, Better and Best. My Wife looked at those flies and words almost failed her.
"You going to catch fish with those?"
"Yes ma'am, just as soon as the weather warms up a bit, I'm headed for the Sipsy river."

I didn't get any of those flys somebody was lamenting about the poor jobe he did. All mine look good.

I just dont know how I'm gonna get that little bitty bugger tied on.
I've been using the Dollar Store Reading glasses (one Dollar a pair of course) for a long time now. I use them for magnifiers.
But wowzer that little guy is gonna be a challenge.

I gotta get down to the Fly shop to get another box for these new flies.

I could see when I got the package that you went through quite a bit of labor on this project.
I can see a big mess on your living room floor. 12 or 13 piles of flies in different packaging, laid out around somebody's return envelope.
Many thanks,
Thud
[signature]
I got my set today....and gots to say...WOWWWWWWWWWWWW. I am absolutely amazed at the work done on such small flies...I mean how did ya'll see the hook to tye the fly....I am simply awestruck at the skill and attention to detail each of you have... I showed them to my wife and she looked at me and said.. you catch fish with those little things...lol.. I said yes... picture it as a very tiny bit of food floating by... you are hungry.. it looks good.. so you eat it...lol.. she looked at me and Smiled... but I think she understood...

Thank you all for the flies.... I will use each and everyone of them... that is if I can find some of them....lol...

MacFly
[signature]
i got mine!!now i got to get one of those magnifying glasses to i can tie them on [Smile].they all look great cant wait to use them
[signature]
Just remember,
Small Flies = Big Fish! [Wink]
[signature]
I am very sure you are correct on your assesment.. my only point in the whole thing is how much time and skill it must take to tie a fly that small and still be able to get detail... I mean someone like me could put a bunch of thread on a hook that small and say its done.. you guys and gals did it with detail... thread..herl.. hackle.. wire.. I mean hell.. I can see the detail ... just not sure I could do that type of detail on something that small and intricate..

My fishing hat is off to all the tyers ... [cool]

MacFly
[signature]
[center][green][size 4][cool]Amen![/size][/green][/center]
[signature]