Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the off season
I was just curious what everyone did in the off season to pass the time until the fishing kicks back up.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile] Off Season.... What off season.
Went this morning. 7 bass drop shotting.
Been away for a while from board. Hope to participate more.

Keowee Bassman
[signature]
Man, I thought you were gone for ever. Nice to see you back in the Saddle.

Well, I more so tackle the saltwater stuff, and rarely bass fish anymore. But I suppose that works out great for our South Carolina guys since we pretty much have it covered all the way around.

As for me, I have about a 4 month off season, and it's hard to find things to do. At the moment, I spend most of my time with my 8 month old son, as he takes up alot of my time, and time well spent. I can't wait until he's old enough to hang onto a fishing pole himself. I take my oldest son riding 4 wheelers from time to time, and if a nice warm day rolls around, and the weather permits, i'll hook up to the boat and head to the reef just offshore of murrells inlet. Other than that, I spend alot of time waiting for spring to roll around.[cool]
[signature]
well i go bass fishin everyonce in a while doen the road and ride fourwheelers but i wont be riding fourwheelers and more, i was racin in on the highway and the cops pulled me (for the 2nd time this week)and they said if they catch my ridin it on the road again ther will put me in jail so i dont kno what ima do

well i hope to start posting more
[signature]
Sounds like you'd better load the ol' quad up on the truck and take it to the sands or somewhere that the law won't be buggin' ya about. There's a place right up the road from you called "Saudi Arabia." It's a good place to ride. I have a sport quad that I use to race Enduro on, so I have to be a little more picky as to where I ride. I can't make it through big mud puddles or anything like that.

I usually go to TNT motorsports park or on the local trails here in the florence area. Good luck on finding a place to ride.

I know the golf course ponds and farm ponds are on point this time of year for bass. The catfish are always good if you can find some good live bait. Of course, you can go to Santee and buy live bait there. Shad, carp, what ever you want. It's not so easy on this side of the water. About the best thing to do to get live bait around our area is catch it in those small ponds and then take them to the river and use them for bait. Unless you're fishing for channel cats, and about the best all around bait is chicken liver.

I tend not to do so much in the winter. I find it hard to get the time anyhow with two little boys. My youngest one, just about 9 months old, is into everything. So that takes up the majority of the time.
[signature]