Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whew What a Vacation
Spent the last 10 days doing nothing. NOTHING. I got out last week on Tuesday to do a little fishing. Very nice weather, probably 40 ish, and hit the Weber with my cousin. We started of in Croydon with a plan to move to the middle Weber if the fishing slowed. Well, we never moved from our one hole. I ended up with 13 (3 browns 10 whites) during the 3 hours all on a size 12 bead head prince (tungsten) except one that hit a small size 18 BHFBPT quazimoto style (tied on a scud hook). I took out some swap flies and tried, but nothing hit. Bummer, maybe next time. My cousin brought a nice brown to net and long released many. I missed a nice whitefish pushing 18". Felt him on the line for a few seconds. Bent my rod double. Fish are fiesty and hungry. I ended up taking the four browns home to eat (rolled them in seasoned flour and cooked them in butter, MMMMMMM). Hope everyone had a good holiday, now back to work and dreaming of fishing.

katghoti
[signature]
Sounds like a wonderful time fishing...

my vacation started in Tn on the 16th. My son in law took me hunting nearly every day until we left on the 25th. Saw 12 - 14 deer and got shots at two of them but missed both times. I have lots of stories to tell about the hunting but no fishing.

All in all it was a great vacation......

MacFly
[signature]