Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Saturday, Deer Creek Sunday
Fished Lincoln beach area on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning until the storm got nasty. Water temp was 41 to 43. Five walleye were caught on Friday. Two on Thin Fins, two on Rapalas, and one on a 3" chartreuse jig. All in about 8' of water. The guy that got the most fish, three of them, was trolling about 1.2 mph and just cruising around out in the flats. Away from any structure.
Only two boats launched Saturday. I caught a couple mud cats and the other guy didn't get anything. It got really windy and we both left early.
Sunday morning, me and my fishing buddy headed up to Deer Creek. I had a friend call me the other day and he told me about a guy catching a limit of Walleyes near sailboat beach last Sunday. We fished that area with no luck. Then the camera quit working. Fished everywhere we could. Tried jigs, Lindy rigs, and Rapalas. Caught a couple good sized hatchery pets. No Perch or Walleye.
The open water area is from sailboat beach on the south end, up to the south point at rainbow bay, and about 1/4 of Wallsburg bay.
Oh, and water temp was 36 in the morning and 38 when we left, fishless.

Bob
[signature]
Good report Bob, what was the size of the walleye? Did you catch any white bass? WH2
[signature]
Bob,

I appreciate the detailed report. Thanks.

Senkonate
[signature]

[cool]Hey Bob is the lincoln marina open water now ??
I'm thinking about going out and brave the storm tomorrow.
sounds like D.C. is in that state of lockjaw again. I've been there and done that way too many times. later chuck
[signature]
Hey walleye,

are the white bass still in the marinas and catchable from shore? I remember reading one of your reports about the sunnies. i was curious what would be the best method to go after them. I would really like a mount of a sunnie around a pound or so. thanks for any info\
[signature]
Hey WH2, the biggest Walleye was about eight to nine pounds. Last Tuesday a 10.5 was caught by one of my friends, trolling a Thin Fin. They got ten Walleye last week alltogether. Only one was under the 20" slot. The Walleye tournament could be interesting with only big fish showing up.
Haven't seen a White Bass caught for a while. But I haven't spent too much time around the warm springs.

c-ya
Bob
[signature]
Hey Chuck, its all open water. And its deeper. The water has come up over the little island at the warm springs. Most of the Walleye have been caught near the spot you and I anchored the second time last year. South West of the "L" and out past the dropoff. We got snow here last night, so, if you go, take a bag of salt for the ramp.

good luck

Bob
[signature]
Thanks for the report Bob.What thin fin are you using?Floating or sinking?I think Storm isn't making them anymore.I found a few at a secret store but don't know what I need?My fatherinlaw has fished Utah Lake in the past for eyes trolling thin fins.But he doesn't remember what one exactly except is however certain on what color it was.BLUE!Thanks for any help Bob? Where do you get your thin fins?Give me a pm if you want.Thanks.

Fishman[Smile]
[signature]