Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a banana trout?
Is this a golden trout? Genus/species?
[signature]
[black][size 3]Oncorhynchus mykiss - AKA Rainbow trout.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Banana trout are rainbow trout with a lack of melanin pigment and that gives them a light yellow color - like albinos. But, they are not true albinos - one difference, they don't have red eyes. [/size][/black]
[signature]
Wow. Never heard of them--are they common? I have seen them referenced here several times. My guess is they have been selectively raised and inhabit certain areas?
[signature]
I took this picture of a trout at the aquarium in Denver. I was thinking it was a Golden Trout, but I couldn't swear on it.
[inline trout.jpg]
[signature]
They call them Lightning Trout out here. At first I thought that the Cormorants would just eat those up first because they are so visible. After finally catching some I found them to be quite different than a regular Rainbow.They remind me more of a Triploid style but the hatchery says they are a mutation of only 1 color producing gene. These fish were all stockier in build and just plain stronger. And Silver-white with that red stripe. I wish they would send more out this way, I like them.
[signature]
Never seen one of those before. I'd like to catch one of those someday.
[signature]
wow those are awesome, now i wanna find were i can catch one. Which will in turn will make me hate gas prices even more.....lol
[signature]