Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Channel Announces Departure of Programming Executive
Temecula, California -- The Outdoor Channel®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:OUTD) , today announced the resignation of Wade Sherman as senior vice president of programming. Chief Executive Officer Roger L. Werner, who has been working closely with Sherman, will lead the network's efforts to further improve the programming lineup until a successor is named.

"We thank Wade for his commitment as he has played a key role in the development of programming for The Outdoor Channel since 2000," Werner said. "While we are Saddened by this news, we also understand that he has a great passion for professional sports. We wish him all the best in his new endeavor with the California Cougars of the Major Indoor Soccer League."

"Over the past ten years, The Outdoor Channel has given me the opportunity to grow professionally in tandem with the network," Sherman said. "To be involved with a professional sport has been a lifelong dream of mine, and this was an opportunity that I just could not pass up. I will always treasure my experience at the Channel, and I am more than confident that the network will continue to provide the best in outdoor programming."

About Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc.

Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. owns and operates The Outdoor Channel, a national television network dedicated to providing traditional outdoor programming to America's 82 million anglers, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. The Company also owns and operates related businesses that serve the interests of viewers of The Outdoor Channel and other outdoor enthusiasts, including Outdoor Channel On Demand, LDMA-AU, Inc. (Lost Dutchman's) and Gold Prospector's Association of America, LLC (GPAA).

To get The Outdoor Channel in your area, please call your local cable or satellite provider and request that they add The Outdoor Channel to their channel lineup.

Nielsen Media Research Universe Estimates for The Outdoor Channel

Nielsen Media Research is the leading provider of television audience measurement and advertising information services worldwide. Nielsen estimated that The Outdoor Channel had approximately 29.9 million cable and satellite subscribers as of January 2007. Please note that this estimate regarding The Outdoor Channel's subscriber base is made by Nielsen Media Research and is theirs alone and does not represent opinions, forecasts or predictions of management of The Outdoor Channel or Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. The Outdoor Channel does not by its reference above or distribution imply its endorsement of or concurrence with such information.

Media Contact:

Mike Hiles<br />
(310) 234-3200<br />
mhiles@mphpr.com<br />
for The Outdoor Channel