Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for an inshore fishing report
i'm headed to Charleston and murrells inlet this week. I'd like to do some pier fishing while i'm there. does anyone know any good piers to fish along the coast and can anyone tell me what fish are bitting right now?
[signature]
Kent,

Nice to see you're finally making your way over to SC. As for the peir fishing, it's going to be cold and uneventful. Peir fishing is about as slow at it gets this time of year, which is about nothing. If you've got a boat you can snag Black Sea Bass and Sheepshead off the reef. A little further out and the grouper are in close. You can also find some Mackerel action as well. Inshore though, it's getting slow. A few winter flounder and trout here and there.

You can rent boats in Murrells Inlet, and they are pretty cheap. Call this tackle store, it's called INlet Conveniance and fishing supplies. He'll be able to help you out with a down and dirty fishing break down for his immediate area, where they're biting and what rigs are working best. He also carries all the fishing supplies you need and can point you in the direction of a boat rental. His name is Tom and he's a good friend of mine and my family. Here's the number:

843-651-5054

When you call him, tell him Bryan, Don's son told you about him. He'll take care of you. [cool]

Don't forget to check out captian dicks marina for that Mate job. And if you get serious about that place, i'll put in a good word with my buddy down there.
[signature]
Hey Brian, thanks for the info on the fishing and boat rentals. The lack of fish being caught right now is very unfortunate to hear. Anyway tomarrow I am going to travel to Murrells inlet in the early afternoon to check out any mate possitions available. The first place i'm headed is capt. dicks marina. working with a fishing crew has always been a dream of mine so I was wondering if you had anyone in mind that I should talk to, or a certain time i should get there. Any good word you could put in would also really help me alot. Again, thanks for the advice so far and hopefully everything works out tomarrow.
- Kent
[signature]