Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steady Consistent Tarpon Action @ Haulover Inlet
[font "Arial"][size 2]Normally after having a tough night keeping the hook in a tarpon such as we experienced on Monday evening with our 0 for 4 results, the next trip is much better. Tuesday evening was to be no exception. Haulover Inlet continues to produce steady tarpon action. The wind all but died this evening, making it necessary to use floats to keep the shrimp away from the bottom critters. The fish showed a preference for the Inlet and the north end of the tarpon hole. We started the evening off on the right foot with a 100#'er at the Inlet. Next, with fish busting all around us, a 50#'er gave us some great thrills at boat side when it slammed into the boat twice after I released it. Trying some of the spots to the south produced no results and had us scrambling for rain gear as an intense rain storm hit us. As the rain was subsiding, I moved back north and was rewarded with another 50#'er. I had a hunch about the Inlet and it turned out to be right. The only thing was that the tarpon only wanted to give us a brief show as it threw the hook on its first jump. Before I could rebait the hook, the other rod had a strike with the same results. We ended our evening pleased with the 3 for 5 results.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]This type of action will continue till the mid June time frame. If you want to get in on it, then give me a call and lets go make some memories catching them tarpon.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Captain Dave Kostyo[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Knot Nancy Fishing Charters[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]305 620-5896 Charter[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]305 732-2628 Beeper[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][#800080][size 2][url "http://www.knotnancy.com"]www.knotnancy.com[/url][/size][/#800080][/font] [font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 2][url "mailto:nkostyo@bellsouth.net"]nkostyo@bellsouth.net[/url][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]