Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Marshall Marine fishing Expo
He guys and gals. I got to attend the Marshalls Marine Expo in Lake City today, really cool deal. I left a quick link to the freshwater board to check out the deal, here you go:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=302798;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=302798;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
I know what gun Mike is wanting for his first opening day of deer season [Tongue]

impresive event. thanks for the share...
[signature]
LOL, you got that right. He's been wanting a high powered rifle for quite some time. I'm thinking about getting him a 270. That's a pretty good caliber all around. It doesn't kick too bad, it's a nice fast round, and it's relatively cheap to shoot. I've alway felt that a 270 is about as good as it gets for all around hunting.

The event was a really good time. Asside from getting to meet all the famous faces, it generally was a good time. They were giving out samples of wild game and deep fried catfish. I'm sure you can imagine where I spent a good portion of my time, LOL, going through the sample lines. I think I went back for 4ths with the catfish. That was some good stuff. The deer sausage was really good too, I think I went back there about 4 times too.

That fishing game was really cool too. You could pick what kind of fish you wanted to catch. They had a Penn 209 spooled up with a really heavy braid line. It fed into some type of electronic gadget that pulled and shoot the line as you battled the fish on the big screen. Lots of fun!

Thanks for the reply!
[signature]
If you ever get the chance to meet Ted Nugent, he has a good line of product as well, jerky sausage and spices.....

270's are nice, my nephew has one, another hunting buddy of mine has one. nice flat shooting round. almost as nice as a 6 mm. only with out the kick.

another gun that is good is the ruger 44 carbine. the same round you use in your hand gun you use in the rifle. granted your range is cut down to under 100 yards. there is no kick, as acurate as they come, nice short gun makes it excilent for brush hunting.
[signature]
I've never fired a 6mm or the ruger 44 mag rifle. I have fired my dads 8mm mouser. It's a hauss. It's basically like shooting a brick at your target. LOL, it's such a heavy round and it's slow. But if you hit what ever you're shooting at, I promise it won't get up. It does some major damage. It has the best of both worlds, a heavy grain bullet, and a low velosity; a deadly combination. But if you're trying to hit a moving target, or launch one long distance, you better know what you're doing, or you're sure to miss.
[signature]
the 44 carbine has the kick of a 410 shot gun. almost the same size round, only the Red Dot powder in rifle loads is much faster that the black dot powder used in shot gun shells. Only problem is you will never see the casing again after you fire the carbine in the feild.

in a range and you have a back stop you can collect your rounds and reload them.

I have fired the 6 mm - 7 mm mags. both heavy guns. nothing gets back up after being tagged by a 7 mm mag either. those guns are long range guns. Long barrols, and do have conciderable kick. tho the 6 mm is not all that bad.

now if you want a gun with some kick to it, there is the 30-06 browning gold madallian A-Bold. it is relitivly a short rifle, light weight, high volosity, and when you spit out springfield 220 grain silver tips out of it, well lets just say I have seen few guns with more kick.

Its an acruate rifle. holds a one inch group at one hundred yards, not as acruate as the 6mm or 7mm. but has more kick, and when firing at the range, lets just say I give the guys 4 benches on either side of me a bad case of the flinches..[sly] Every one turns and looks at me in wonder as to what it is I am shooting...[cool]

the same round out of my unkles semi auto remington has half the kick and noise...
[signature]