Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone lucky enough to draw?
Just wondering if any BFTers were lucky enough to draw a tag from the Expo? My name didn't show up on the list, but I do know someone who did. I'm sure the odds totally sucked, but you've got to be in it to win it!
[signature]
I had intentions of putting in but never made it. Are the results posted online anywhere?
[signature]
huntexpo.com has the results
[signature]
[unsure] I had a friend that attended the banquet. He said that what they were auctioning off the tags for that night were absolutly scarry. Deer hunts going for 75,000.00. The highest was a dall sheep tag, North west territories for 205.000.00.

Absolutly rediculous. No wonder the average guy cant afford to hunt anymore.

The cheapest thing that night was a belt buckle with the three major contributors logos on it for this year. 4500.00 skins.

I am glad to see that the money comes back to the state and helps to keep public land open. However the need for that money to keep the walk in areas open drives the cost up.

Double edge sword for sure
[signature]
I put in for 8 hunts ($40.00) and drew out on none. We (Brother, friend and I) went during lunch one day last week as we had free entrance passes and I felt like a bum amongst all those high rollers.
I'll just keep putting in each year for the premium hunts via the DWR. Eventually one day I might draw out on a couple of them. Nothing chaps me more than being out hunting in my "spike only" area, and running across some dude that has a new truck, a new rifle, new everything and just shot a trophy bull becuase he "bought" the hunt. I've been putting in for that hunt for 12 years now. Not saying anything bad about the wealthy...I wish I were! But sometimes people should just have to wait in line like everyone else.
Ok, I'll step down off my soap box now...
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Anyone lucky enough to draw?[quote]
I still can't believe it, but yes I was! [shocked] I drew one of the limited entry Bull Elk tags for the South Slope, Diamond Mountain. My father and I both put in along with quite a few of our friends, but I was the only one to draw. I guess I have used up all of my luck for awhile. Jon
[signature]