Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might be making a move to the area
There is a chance that I may be moving to Charleston area in the not so distant future. Any insight on areas to consider purchasing a home and whats the fishing like. I would like to be closer to the AFB due to work and such.

Thanks
[signature]
I've been to charleston a few times, but as far as a recomendation for housing, i'd rather not tell you than tell you wrong.

You must work for the DOD or you're active duty. Charleston is an AMC base, I had a buddy stationed there when I was stationed at Shaw AFB.

Charleston has great fishing, infact, some of the best in the state. I fish out of Murrells Inlet most of the time, and rarely make it to Charleston to do any angling. I've fished in the bay at Beaufort, which is outstanding fishing. Infact, some of the best inshore fishing i've experianced. Trout, sheephead, flounder...........Just excellent.

Hopefully someone will jump in from that area that will put in thier two cents. If you're ever in the Murrells Inlet area, don't be affraid to shoot me a PM, i'd be glad to have you aboard for a trip. [cool]
[signature]
10 years AD AF and the wife was 22 years AD AF..I am now DOD.

Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Cool Beans, I did 8 Years active. I was in the security forces career field.

No problem on the info. Anytime I can help out with anything, just let me know. Don't be affraid to shoot me a private message or an email if it's something you'd rather not post on the boards. Any of our moderator crew would be more than happy to help out!

Let me know how your move goes.

Bryan
[signature]
Move is still up in the air.....not sure what we are going to do.

FYI, I too am part of the Mod Squad but for Idaho boards.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Better SC than SC. Oh those initials are the same. Well better South Carolina than Southern California. A starter home here with two BR and one bath will run about $ 400 to $500 thousand American dollars. [Sad][/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]No pesos yet. [Tongue]LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
That's an aweful lot of denaro for a small home. You must have one heck of an economy over yonder. LOL
[signature]
Hey partner, just checking to see how things are going. Has the move been finalized yet? [Smile]
[signature]
Homes are not cheap over here. Fishing is cheap, gas is not.[cool]
[signature]
It's up and down over here. Mobile Homes/ modular homes are pretty popular. You can get a 4 bedroom/2 1/2 bath for under 65000 brand spanking new. That makes for an easy buy for people with a limited income. You can buy a single wide 3 bedroom brand new for under 30 thousand. You can buy an older stick built home for around 80K, but you might spend another 15 or 20K making it liveable. Land is very cheap out in the country, but there's not many jobs out there; unless you're a farmer. LOL, so, it just all depends on what you want. [cool]
[signature]