Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
otter creek march 8-9 anybody goin or been there?
hey y'all,

im thinking of an otter creek trip next weekend, march 8th and 9th - looks like they'll be a break in the weather hopefully . .what can any of you recommend? Ill probably be bank fishin close to the marina, or should i drive somewhere different?

sm
[signature]
did anybody go this weekend?

sm
[signature]
hey southern.

I think you remember i went awhile back. Make sure the marina is open from ice that is all i can recommend. I have no idea what they are hitting since i couldnt get anything out of there last time i went. I will tell you though, when the wind picks up i have noticed the rainbows come to the top to feed when the water is a bit warmer.
[signature]
thanks x-man - well i want to check it out for camping later on in the spring so im going for friday night - sun noon next weekend and scoping it out. . ill let you know . .

sm
[signature]
i would love to hear how you do. and let me know if the water has come up any. it was very very low when i went. hope you knock em dead. ill be going back down one more time to try to amend my terrible excuse for a fishing trip.
[signature]
cool, well ill just be bank fishing, checking out all of the different access roads & places to bank fish . .. and checking out the camping area .. never been there . . .

sm
[signature]
ok a quick heads up for you. there is camping in the state park that you pay for. the marina has some spots with water and stuff it was 12 bucks a night or something last time i checked. the west bank has the road access to the lake and camping. the east side usually has no one on it. i did see a vehicle drive over there somewhere on a dirt road but i dont know how to get there. for the most part the camping areas on the west side are open with no trees and really no improvements. i did camp on tamarisk point which had picnic tables and some firepits with a few trees and willows. dont have to pay there. anywhere along the west side you could camp depending on what your camping in. have fun.
[signature]
thanks x-man, luckily i found a couple of things online, along with some decent maps . .

sm
[signature]