Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Angling Legend, Harold Allen, Joins The BASS ZONE On Location Staff
Norman, Oklahoma ' The BASS ZONE was established February 8th, 1995 in Norman, Oklahoma and began as a small website known as fishok.com. In the early years, the web site primarily covered local bass fishing news in the state of Oklahoma. Over the next eight years, The BASS ZONE web site evolved to begin covering regional bass fishing news, becoming the leading tournament-related website in the Midwest.

By 2003, The BASS ZONE had expanded coverage to include the FLW Tour and Bassmaster events, becoming a national presence among the bass fishing media and the bass fishing community. In 2006, The BASS ZONE launched its 'On Location' coverage of all 11 BASS Elite Series events, revolutionizing the way bass-fishing enthusiasts viewed tournament coverage.

In 2007, The BASS ZONE will once again transform independent professional bass fishing tournament coverage by including BASS veteran Harold Allen as the voice the BZ On Location coverage. 'The tournament business has grown so much over the last few years ' not only the big-time tournaments, but the grassroots events as well,' Harold explained.

'There was a time when you might have thought that bass tournaments had gotten about as big and popular as they ever would, but now they're just everywhere and getting bigger all the time.'

Harold commented that The BASS ZONE's On Location coverage increases the level of knowledge for the fans of the sport, thus fostering further growth. 'There's just an almost unquenchable thirst for knowledge out there ' how are they doing it, when are they catching them, and what baits are they using,' he said.

'Last year, I had the opportunity through The BASS ZONE to do several on-the-water interviews and other deals at tournaments, and it was really received well by all of the anglers and BASS ZONE viewers across the country. With the level of coverage we're going to be providing this year, the bar is going to be raised even higher still.'

Allen, now 'semi-retired' and splitting his time between guiding on Lake Sam Rayburn and the occasional tournament, shared what he has in store for the 2007 Elite Series season. 'I'm going on the road with The BASS ZONE crew for eight events and will be providing up-to-the-minute reports from the water and from the weigh-in,' he said.

'We're going to be able to bring each of these professional fishermen and their personalities straight onto everyone's desk-top computer in an effort to get more knowledge into the hands of the aspiring professional and everyday fisherman alike.'

In 2007, The BASS ZONE's On Location coverage will feature Allen giving morning, afternoon and evening web video updates during the tournament days. Many of the morning and afternoon web video updates will actually take place on the water and then be uploaded to the BASS ZONE web site, www.basszone.com, within minutes of the action on the water. 'We have invested in the technology to give the BZ viewer the best look at what is taking place during the events, throughout the day, rather than hours after the weigh-in,' said Mark Jeffreys, creator of The BASS ZONE. 'Having Harold join our On Location team solidifies our efforts to be the best source for independent coverage of professional bass fishing on the web.'

The vast experience that Harold brings will provide for unparalleled insight and commentary for each of the eight tournaments he'll be at. However, he cautions that since fishing is how each competitor earns a living, his vast tournament experience will prevent him from reporting on anything beyond what's considered newsworthy. 'I've fished tournaments for a living since 1970, which allows me to be able to bring a unique insight into tournament coverage,' he said.

'However, I want to make sure that everyone understands that while we'll be providing some in-depth coverage, we're going to be incredibly sensitive to the pro's edge while we're on the water watching the pros make their living.'

Looking over the calendar, Harold can't pick a single event that has more prominence in his mind than the first one of the year ' the 2007 Bassmaster's Classic at Lay Lake in Birmingham, Alabama. 'After competing in 15 Classics over the years, it will be a huge charge for me to be able to follow these guys around and get to see what they're doing,' he said. 'Past that, I've got my backs packed, the truck's full of gas, and I'm ready to go!'

The BASS ZONE's On Location coverage of the 2007 Bassmaster Classic will feature Allen and Jeffreys reporting from an on location news desk, located in the Skeeter Boats display area of the Classic ESPN Outdoors Expo. 'Harold and I will be doing web video reports throughout the day from the news desk,' said Jeffreys. 'We will also have a number of guests during the event, discussing the Classic and other items taking place in the bass fishing world.'

The BASS ZONE's On Location coverage of the 2007 Bassmaster Classic will begin on February 21st and end on February 25th.

Just using Harold's excitement for the upcoming On Location coverage as a guide to the season, there is no doubt that truly great things are just around the corner..

Media Contact:

Brent Conway<br />
(405) 872-1858